Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charhing and driving (Tesla Model S, 09/2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone! Need help as my country does not have a Tesla dealership. The 2014 tesla model s came from an auction, the damage is small (the left front fender, a piece of the hood and the air conditioner radiator), the airbags did not deploy, there is antifreeze in the barrel (but you can hear very well that it pumps it through the system, maybe it got a little airy?) The car sailed for 3-4 months, the 12V battery is probably already in poor condition. Yesterday the car was charged from the home socket, but today it did not allow opening the latch for the charger. I can attach a photo of the existing errors, please tell me what to look for first of all? Change the 12V battery initially?

photo_2021-11-21_14-30-34.jpg
photo_2021-11-21_19-59-42.jpg

Should still open even with the battery that low. I'd try jumping the battery since it's easy to do but I kind of doubt that's the problem. I've heard there's an easy way to jump it by taking off the nose cone.
We should probably try to change the 12V battery, since at the moment I started the car using lighting from another car (mitsubishi 3000 GT), but it seems to me that Tesla needs a working 12V onboard battery, because it still serves as an uninterruptible power supply, right?

Значок Проверено сообществом

The 12 volt battery is used to pull in the contactors that connect the high voltage battery to the car. If the 12 volt battery is dead you probably need a new 12 volt battery. Is the high voltage battery charged? It is used to keep the 12 volt battery charged.

The 12 volt battery is used to pull in the contactors that connect the high voltage battery to the car. If the 12 volt battery is dead you probably need a new 12 volt battery. Is the high voltage battery charged? It is used to keep the 12 volt battery charged.
Hey! Thank you so much for your answer. In the brink I will describe how it was. The car came with a 0% high-voltage battery and a discharged 12V battery, then we charged the 12V battery from another car and were able to open the car, after we connected the cable with a high-voltage battery and were able to open the charging port to insert a home charger, the car was charged up to 18% and stopped, no longer allowed to open the latch in the charging port. I believe that this is due to a damaged 12V battery and in order for the car to charge the high-voltage battery, you first need to put a new and charged 12V battery