Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charing experience in Dallas while living in an apartment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I understand it Tesla will likely be be setting up the next factory in Austin. Think you will see a lot more Teslas in Texas as a result :D so I would only expect charging to get better. EVs are becoming more desirable as well so charging options should continue to expand. As I mentioned my husband has always charged away from home, and he has a 75kWh battery pack in his Model S. Until a SC stationed opened closer he was sometimes driving about 10 miles from home if he wasn’t out during the day and charging while on the road. So 5 miles isn’t bad. Besides you will probably find yourself looking gor reasons to drive your car!

A few of our public garages and shopping centers have chargers and I see cars rotate out of the spaces during dinner hour when people would drive downtown for a meal and charge during that time for some extra range. Expect that will be true for your area as well. 20-30 extra range miles while shopping or dining for an hour or so is nice if you aren’t driving long distances all the time.

Let me know if you want the referral at some point. Given what I know from my husband’s charging, I don’t see your area as being something that would concern me about not being able to charge now or in the future though.
It probably be a few year before the the factory stood up. If it does happen, hopefully will be more SCs.
The thing I like the most about EVs especially the auto pilot. Last time I drove a Ford Edge with ACC and Lane Keep Assist, that 4 hour drive was a breeze. That's why I'm so looking forward to have one.

It probably be a few year before the the factory stood up. If it does happen, hopefully will be more SCs.
The thing I like the most about EVs especially the auto pilot. Last time I drove a Ford Edge with ACC and Lane Keep Assist, that 4 hour drive was a breeze. That's why I'm so looking forward to have one.

I saw this article on TheDRIVE posted yesterday.

Tesla Just Bought $5 Million In Land Outside of Austin for a New Factory

"The company submitted an application to the Texas Comptroller's office today for its plans to build a 4 to 5 million square foot factory at Texas State Highway 130 and Harold Green Road, just outside Austin, reports KXAN. Tesla's application seeks to get some $68 million in tax incentives for the new Gigafactory. The company aims to have an operational assembly line for the Model Y by the end of the year, followed by production of the Cybertruck (once they actually nail down the details for said Cybertruck)."

The Electrek linked to article contains further info.

Last edited:
I saw this article on TheDRIVE posted yesterday.

Tesla Just Bought $5 Million In Land Outside of Austin for a New Factory

"The company submitted an application to the Texas Comptroller's office today for its plans to build a 4 to 5 million square foot factory at Texas State Highway 130 and Harold Green Road, just outside Austin, reports KXAN. Tesla's application seeks to get some $68 million in tax incentives for the new Gigafactory. The company aims to have an operational assembly line for the Model Y by the end of the year, followed by production of the Cybertruck (once they actually nail down the details for said Cybertruck)."

The Electrek linked to article contains further info.
I was hoping Elon Musk move his factory from Fremont to Texas when he was threatening the Fremont's mayor. lol

I was hoping Elon Musk move his factory from Fremont to Texas when he was threatening the Fremont's mayor. lol

Don’t think current factory will move any time soon. If you’ve ever been to Fremont, locating other production lines elsewhere in the country is kind of a given as they expand. Really no room to grow here. Hey, at some point factory tours will start up and as an owner you can take 3 other people with you. Pretty fascinating to see in person.

Don’t think current factory will move any time soon. If you’ve ever been to Fremont, locating other production lines elsewhere in the country is kind of a given as they expand. Really no room to grow here. Hey, at some point factory tours will start up and as an owner you can take 3 other people with you. Pretty fascinating to see in person.
That would be so cool to see!