Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charing in Paris options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(opps typo in title , should read 'Charging'. TMC does not allow editing title after it has been posted!)

I plan to drive Amsterdam --> Paris --> Amsterdam over next week with family. The plan is to use the supercharge networks to get to and from Paris. However, I was wondering if there is any convenient charging network that I can use in Paris itself for changing my Tesla S.

The only networks I have heard of is autolib. Does anyone have any experience using these network and getting account created etc.?

Any thoughts/recommendations would be really appreciated.

You have a second network in Paris:

http://www.paris.fr/actualites/beli...s-de-recharge-pour-vehicules-electriques-3254
(You can see a Tesla on the picture)
I don't know how it works.

I use Autolib, it's convenient and quite cheap because you have parking place + charge. (About 1€ / hour)

You need to pay 15 Euros to get your card. You can do it by internet, It takes a few days to get the card in you letter box. When you receive your card, you have to active it on a main Autolib station, and scan you identity card.

The problem is that your tesla is quite long, and sometimes you don't find an appropriate parking place for your car. That's why I don't pre-reserve a place, cause I'm not sure that the car can fit.

So I go straight to the station, and I usually find a place, but not on week-end mornings.

Thanks for the link to BeLib.

I have also heard that the IKEA chains have charging stations onsite as well. Is this correct? I tried to gather the info from the website of IKEA France but did not find any. Is there any way to check which IKEAs have this facility?