Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charity Bet #1: When Will TSLA close above $1250 (Post-split $416.67)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
This charity bet is meant to be FUN. You get to predict which month/year TSLA will close at or above $1250 $416.67 (post split). If your prediction wins, you get to select a charity at that time that everyone participating in this charity bet will pinky swear they will donate $50 to. When I last participated in one of these bets (in the SpaceX forum), I lost and donated $50 to a cat rescue organization 😂

Rules for this bet:
  • Each participant chooses a year/month combo when the event will occur (note, not closing price at end of month, but closing price any day during that month).
  • One contestant per month/year (get your votes in early!)
  • The winner is the one that picks the month/year (or no winner if the event occurs in a month/year with no contestant)
  • No Price is Right or nearest participant. Somebody gets the month/year right or not
  • In the no-winner scenario then we just start up another charity bet
  • If your month has gone by and you didn't win, you can choose a new month (but now you have to donate $100 if you lose).
  • In the event of a stock split, the $1250 $416.67 (post split) target will be adjusted accordingly, as will other more unlikely events such as a spin-off (use combined values of companies), or merger, etc.
Contestants:

October 2022: ZeApelido
November 2022: Favguy
December 2022: hobbes
January 2023: mrmage
February 2023: WilliamInPhx
March 2023: pz1975
April 2023: Nocturnal
May 2023: Cattledog

June 2023: EVCollies
July 2023: adiggs
September 2023: Frank Einstein
November 2023: Cosmacelf
December 2023: NCC1701T

Last edited:
This charity bet is meant to be FUN. You get to predict which month/year TSLA will close at or above $1250. If your prediction wins, you get to select a charity at that time that everyone participating in this charity bet will pinky swear they will donate $50 to. When I last participated in one of these bets (in the SpaceX forum), I lost and donated $50 to a cat rescue organization 😂

Rules for this bet:
  • Each participant chooses a year/month combo when the event will occur
  • One contestant per month/year (get your votes in early!)
  • The winner is the one that picks the month/year (or no winner if the event occurs in a month/year with no contestant)
  • No Price is Right or nearest participant. Somebody gets the month/year right or not
  • In the no-winner scenario then we just start up another charity bet
  • If your month has gone by and you didn't win, you can choose a new month (but now you have to donate $100 if you lose).
Contestants:

(I'll update this first post as we get entrants, just reply to this thread with your entry, I'll wait a bit before entering in my entry for fairness).
OK, I'll play. :)

November 2022.

This is based on current share value, rather than post split I take it?

I just realized I had an ambiguity in the way I wrote the post - the bet wasn't meant to predict that $1250 would be the closing price for the month, just that it would close at or above $1250 on any day during that month. I'm sure most people read it the way I originally intended it, but just making sure (and I added that clarification to the rules in the first post).

Reactions: Frank Einstein