Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charity bets: $100/$1K/$10K -> EAP/FSD feature release by 12/31, 1/31, 3/31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wish Elon showed ANY sign of even acknowledging that the S or X exist. Or, for that matter, even the 3 isn't getting much public Elon love. I don't think he's said ANYTHING about the S or X for months, and the last thing I remember him saying about the 3 was that he was sleeping on the roof.

I think the problem is that his attention span is too short and he's always moving on to the next thing. I fear that EAP/FSD features are yesterday's news and are only getting yesterday's love. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but the teams on all of these projects that aren't getting any love have to see this as well.

I just wish Elon showed ANY sign of even acknowledging that the S or X exist. Or, for that matter, even the 3 isn't getting much public Elon love.

Huh? "Public love"?? It's not enough to build them and be actually executing what appears to be the fastest production ramp of a car in history? He's supposed to check in on Twitter too? Let's have a vote on how often Elon needs to tweet to keep our hearts from getting nervous - and tweet him the results of the tweet survey.

I fear that EAP/FSD features are yesterday's news and are only getting yesterday's love.

There's a boy band lyric in there somewhere about a sad boy whose girlfriend dumped him. Could be a hit.

Yes, public love. Where one's tweets are, there will his heart be also.

Perhaps we were trained to have unrealistic expectations, but for a significant time in Elon's past, he was publically tweeting quite regularly about cars. That led people to believe that he was actively involved in cars.

Lately, however, it's mostly SpaceX and Semis. I've never operated at the level of management that he is. Hopefully, he has some great, quiet lieutenants in each field that are pushing things forward. That's my hope.

This is, by the way, coming from a guy who was supposed to take delivery today (but they didn't get the car produced when they said they would and delivery has moved to next week) and I bought it for one reason, and one reason only.. .. wait.. let me put my flame suit on.... ok... one reason only: auto pilot/full self drive. I want to believe.

Having said all this... Elon just tweeted that there are good software updates coming, and nav is getting a big bump soon.. so maybe there's hope yet. :)

• Funny
Reactions: SucreTease
I just wish Elon showed ANY sign of even acknowledging that the S or X exist. Or, for that matter, even the 3 isn't getting much public Elon love. I don't think he's said ANYTHING about the S or X for months, and the last thing I remember him saying about the 3 was that he was sleeping on the roof.

I think the problem is that his attention span is too short and he's always moving on to the next thing. I fear that EAP/FSD features are yesterday's news and are only getting yesterday's love. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but the teams on all of these projects that aren't getting any love have to see this as well.

A tweet from Elon today in response to Tesla Model S and X topping Owners Satisfaction Survey
“Glad to see that Tesla owners are having a good experience. Working to improve further. Some cool software updates coming soon.”

And

“Major navigation overhaul coming in early 2018. Will be light-years ahead of current system, but we are testing it rigorously before rolling out.”

A tweet from Elon today in response to Tesla Model S and X topping Owners Satisfaction Survey
“Glad to see that Tesla owners are having a good experience. Working to improve further. Some cool software updates coming soon.”

And

“Major navigation overhaul coming in early 2018. Will be light-years ahead of current system, but we are testing it rigorously before rolling out.”

Early 2018 notably not being before 12/31/17. And I’d be surprised if we got any kind of use of navigation guidance in AS before the new maps.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones

And

So is "early 2018" another way of saying "three months maybe, six months definitely"?

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
March 21 is a long way off. It's

I'm starting to worry about the $10K bet. I really thought I was safe back in November.

As noted previously, I *had* thought that your 18Q1(EOQ) bet was safe enough.

Now, quite probably less so with this new Nav-centric announcement sucking up some of the available resources. Nav has needed attention for years now relative to existing alternatives. And while it’s nice that Nav relief is finally coming, it seems to illuminate an effort to fill space/kill time now that Elon’s on record with no FSD for another 3 years (while, in part, they build and test their own AI/boards). The latter being a striking announcement, btw, when taken in concert with Volvo’s recent retrenchment. THREE MORE YEARS!!!! All together now... Kumbayaaaaaaaaaa... *breathe* *breathe*. O(h)mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Seems those who shelled out their $3K for FSD a year ago just got sold the same bill of goods that those who waited in line got in exchange for Elon’s pronouncements about how they were going to get, separately, “something special”. P.T., meet Barnum. In both cases, truly the greatest shows on Earth (and soon to be Mars with possibly an intermediate sojourn to the Moon). Not a bad thing. After all, if there wasn’t one born every minute, who would buy Cheez Whiz? Anyway... moving along...

Note that the just-announced Nav fixes are supposed to be fleetwide. Meaning EOQ1 makes sense for wide release and the resultant buzz.

That clears the way for the interior refresh due Q2.

And that leaves the rest of 2018 and all of 2019 to dribble out AP2 - AP4 improvements, not to mention necessary infrastructure improvements (cue Barry White)* with 2020 being a banner year for AP4 and FSD.

Can it happen faster? Sure. When?

Wait for it...

Soon.

* No, I don’t really expect snake chargers to be deployed *adjacent public roadways* in the next decade, if ever. But if they are, they better play Barry White at every one.