TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Charleston, SC - any owners in or near?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by drsrichardson, Aug 27, 2013.

1. drsrichardson

drsrichardson Member

I'm a brand new group member. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the fabulous Model S but wanted to hear from anyone in the SC/NC area regarding delivery and any service/repair issues. Would love any information.

Have a great day,
    Susan

White Model S Owner, HopeToBeSoon

2. anthony

anthony Member

My brother is in Charleston, so I'll be visiting eventually, all the way from NH.

3. Jonathan Hewitt

I live in the area and just got my Model S on the 12th! Please PM me with any questions you have.

My wife is from NH! Her parents still live there.

4. SCSusan

SCSusan New Member

Jonathan - SCSusan here. I PM'd you as drsrichardson (locked myself out of that name). I wanted you to have this contact info so you can PM me if you like telling me about your delivery experience. Thanks so much for answering!!

Have a great day

5. Mleibo

Mleibo New Member

I confirmed my order today, with delivery at te end of October!

6. Jonathan Hewitt

Congrats! If you want you can PM me your email address and I can add you to our South Carolina Tesla Owner/enthusiast Facebook group.

7. Shai2316

Shai2316 Member

Hello!
    We waited 4/4.5 yrs for Our Tesla. My husband had researched the Roadster and was waiting until the Sedan finally left the rumor mill. (Thus Shai (Line #) 2316 lol) She was delivered to me <shout out to Cale Brock!> March of this year. My husband was away for work when she arrived (we pushed the date farther out than original arrival date when we found out hub was leaving). Tons of photos were sent to hubby while I drove just about every where in the area. I refuse to drive anything else now! :)
    I have been told specs are to be used on the boards. I'll be passing. I might as well just tell you what we paid lol

8. Jonathan Hewitt

Is yours blue? There's a blue Model S that's been around Charleston that I don't know the owner of! PM me your email address if you want added to the South Carolina Tesla Owners group! Our first group meetup is going to be this Tuesday if you can make it.

9. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken New Member

Is the black S owner with the GASLESS vanity tag on here?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I mean GASFREE...

10. Jonathan Hewitt

No, I don't think he comes on here. Want me to pass a message to him?

11. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken New Member

No thanks. I'll tell him in person the next time I see him at Cars & Coffee. Love the Model S though...

12. Shai2316

Shai2316 Member

Nope, we are the Kelly Green Model S. :) It's funny. I've driven all over this area and have not seen any of you! I was thinking car collectors who've put them in storage until my son saw a blue one, I think?? We'll be at the Plug-In tomorrow w/Tes.

13. Mleibo

Mleibo New Member

The electrician came by to install the outlet for charging my soon-to-be Tesla. He asked if I wanted 220 volts. My answer, of course, was "220, 221, whatever it takes."

is is there anyone on this forum old enough to remember that line?

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

15. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Hello Charleston area MS owners.
    I will be coming thru around Nov 2 and 3, hope to see a bunch of the City and some of the countryside.
    Does anyone know of a local hotel or B&B that has a 240 V 40 A circuit for use by guests?

Your assistance will be most appreciated.
    PM if you wish.

Same sort of request for Savannah and possibly Statesboro, GA for Oct. 31 and Nov 1.

Many Thanks!

16. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

I have the same question. I am coming to town for a wedding next week and would like to find a hotel I can charge at overnight. Are there any in Charleston with plugs for EVs?

17. Jonathan Hewitt

I have a NEMA 14-50 and some other owners have HPWCs. I don't know of any 240 V charging at hotels.

18. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Vendue Inn has a Tesla Roadster charger. One of you all should contact them to let them know that there are 10 times as many Tesla Model S cars on the road now as Tesla Roadsters, and 50 times that for all EVs. It's time they consider upgrading their Roadster EVSE to a high power (70-80 Amp) J1772 charger that will attract all EVs on the market, not just one model. Since the power is already there it would only cost them $2200 (for a Clipper Creek CS-100) and a couple hundred for the electrician visit to rewire.

19. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I wrote a request to the Vendue Inn for them to consider adding an electrical outlet connection for their guests.

Does any one know of a similar hotel in Savannah?

20. Shai2316

Shai2316 Member

Mr. Mom was on a few days ago! There are movies you just have to watch because they are on tv. The Great Escape, Die Hard, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Mr Mom, The Right Stuff, Auntie Mame, Goodbye Girl, Jaws and Rear Window - the last Steve McQueen flick, too. Inception - watch it from each characters point of view, it's very interesting.