Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte delivery Sat 9/12 left me a happy camper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR AWD Red with White & Black Interior 19" Wheels VIN399XX
Order Date 8/5 Original delivery date 9/17 moved to 9/12

I drove down to Charlotte to pick up my MY this past Saturday and have to say I was more than satisfied with both the service and the car itself. I was about 15 minutes early getting there and expected to wait a while but one of the delivery guys checked me in right away. Once checked in he took me out to the already unlocked car, left the key cards with me, and told me to take as long as I needed to look over the car inside and out while he went to get the odometer reading off the trade in and finish up some paperwork.

I spent about 40 minutes looking over the car and found exactly zero issues. Nothing that would lead me to refuse the car, nothing that would even lead to a service request. Admittedly someone with better, younger eyes that mine might havr seen something minor that I missed but I was shocked at how good this car looks. The only things I spotted that need attetion were a couple of pieces of white tape not pulled off inside the door jambs, some tape residue on the black window trim, and three finger smudges on the interior. All of these I took care of myself once I got home.

The red paint is stunning, Panel gaps are consistent and panels are nicely aligned. Head and tail light fit nice and flush, even the charge port door fits flush. Doors are nicely aligned. Black wheel well trim fits tight with no gaps. Inside think I tried eveything mechanical with no issues, same with everything controlled via the touchscreen.

By the time I went in to finish up the little bit of paperwork remaining I was ecstatic over the build quality of my car. The relief at not running into any of the issues I was potentailly expecting was so amazing that found myself smiling pretty much the entire 90 mile drive home.

Just today I did find two little issues however. I noticed that there is a metallic rattle that seems to be coming from the passenger door when driving on a somewhat rough road. The second issue is with the triangular reflector piece on the passenger side tail light assembly (the part that corresponds to the charge port door on the driver side). The long point of this piece fits loosely, pulling gently on the tip will raise it about 1/4 inch. I'm not sure if this is normal. It feels like there should be a clip holding this tip down but looking underneath it looks like smooth metal with mo place for a clip. I'll definitely try to get mobile service to try to fix the door rattle and will have them look at the reflector while he or she is here.
2020-09-12 16.29.44.jpg
2020-09-12 16.29.08.jpg
2020-09-12 16.30.49.jpg

Good to hear about the car quality and the service at Charlotte! I currently have a delivery appointment scheduled for 9/22. I'm hoping my MY gets in early and I can pick it up sooner though. When your date got moved up from 9/17 to 9/12, did they contact you to move that up, or were you following up by contacting them and they told you they had the car in and could move it up?

Hi - I had very similar experience picking my car in Charlotte on Sat 9/12.
LR AWD Blue with White & Black Interior 20" Induction Wheels VIN400XX.

All panels , Head/tail light charge port, Doors are nicely aligned. Some finger prints in Interior headliners which they cleaned..

Minor scratch on the black plastic above wheels ( Not sure what it is called.)

Happy Customer.

Thanks, I'm picking up my car in Charlotte as well. You say the delivery guy "took you out to your car". Does that mean you had to go inside the building and talk to someone? I thought I could call when I got there and they would unlock the car for me, leaving the paperwork inside the car. I'd sign the paperwork, drop it off in a drop box, and drive away. Is that possible?

Thanks, I'm picking up my car in Charlotte as well. You say the delivery guy "took you out to your car". Does that mean you had to go inside the building and talk to someone? I thought I could call when I got there and they would unlock the car for me, leaving the paperwork inside the car. I'd sign the paperwork, drop it off in a drop box, and drive away. Is that possible?

They have tent setup, just go they will give you the Key, you can check your car with no time limit, once satisfied, note down all the defects , sign the paper work and you are good to go.

Reactions: SCarolinaM3Guy
Yep, just look for the little red easy-up type tent I think the guy that came out to the car with me did so mainly to move the traffic cone from in front of my car and to get my trade in keys. There was definitely an awareness of social distancingthe whole time.