Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replaying a report by an Atlanta-area Tesla enthusiast. Today he stopped by the Atlantic Station (Atlanta) supercharging site that I had spotted under construction yesterday. He talked to the construction crew. "This crew, which built the Burlington, NC location (along with a site in RI, MA and CO) will be heading to Charlotte after they've finished Atlantic Station. The Charlotte location is still within the permitting phase and they expect to start that location at the beginning of 2015."

Just wanted to let viewers of this thread know that there is an Eaton EV Quick Charger in downtown Roanoke Virginia (along I-81). Only quick charger in southwest Virginia. I have not used it but I guess charges about 50% as fast as a supercharger (Eaton website says it can charge a Mitsubishi 16kWh battery in 23 minutes; no mention of Tesla charging). Approximate location:

Google Maps

- - - Updated - - -

Try this link to Roanoke quick charger:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/37°16'21.2%22N+79°56'20.9%22W/@37.272552,-79.939125,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Yeah, I'd love to take the Model S up I-81 one of these days. It sucks that there isn't even a supercharger on the 2015 map in that area. :(

Totally agree. Leaving off the I-81 corridor is a major omission. I-81 is used by a lot of people to run from New England/Mid-Atlantic states to Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville etc.

The map must have been "Designed in California"

Totally agree. Leaving off the I-81 corridor is a major omission. I-81 is used by a lot of people to run from New England/Mid-Atlantic states to Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville etc.

The map must have been "Designed in California"

I plan to try it anyway one of these days. There is a KOA in Natural Bridge, VA that I'm told would let me charge there @ 40A for a couple of bucks. The KOA is about 215 miles from me. I figure with a 100% charge and some relaxed driving I could make it pretty easily when the weather gets nicer in the spring.
So, would need to kill a good 8 hours there probably to get to the Hagerstown supercharger and make the rest of my trip.

Just wanted to let viewers of this thread know that there is an Eaton EV Quick Charger in downtown Roanoke Virginia (along I-81). Only quick charger in southwest Virginia. I have not used it but I guess charges about 50% as fast as a supercharger (Eaton website says it can charge a Mitsubishi 16kWh battery in 23 minutes; no mention of Tesla charging). Approximate location:

Google Maps

- - - Updated - - -

Try this link to Roanoke quick charger:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...79.939125,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0
It's Chademo. Tesla can't use it until the adapter is available. Maybe the one Tesla reported there was testing the adapter.