Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte NC to Asheville NC Trip Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks:
In the second week of January, we shall be going from Charlotte NC (Supercharger) to Asheville, NC.

I have two possible routes which I have calculated via EVTripping and EV Trip Planner.

One route is via 74 to 26 which in my S estimates out to 132 rated miles

the other route is 85 to Greenville (supercharge in Greenville) then up 25 to 26 to Asheville.

This last route appears cumbersome.

What do you all suggest?

I made the trip early December when it was cold. We took I85 to 74 to i26. It's an easy drive. Coming back we did the reverse but much faster, 80 and up when passing. We still had plenty of miles when we got to Charlotte supercharger. I have an old P85. It was a fun trip.

Hi Folks:
In the second week of January, we shall be going from Charlotte NC (Supercharger) to Asheville, NC.

I have two possible routes which I have calculated via EVTripping and EV Trip Planner.

One route is via 74 to 26 which in my S estimates out to 132 rated miles

the other route is 85 to Greenville (supercharge in Greenville) then up 25 to 26 to Asheville.

This last route appears cumbersome.

What do you all suggest?

I have done this trip several times in my P85D. Gastonia, Hickory then Asheville is my preferred choice. Because there is quite a climb from Hickory to Asheville and the Tesla loves to go fast on the curves and climb I suggest you might stop at Union Square in Hickory to walk around, enjoy the ambience and collect a few more watts to let you misbehave on the way to Asheville. The Asheville Supercharger is on your way in to the city so you really don't need to stop in Hickory. BTW, the Hyatt Place and Albemarle Inn in Asheville both have Destination Chargers.