Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reluctant to get a P+ as I don’t want 20” wheels, which will be the early thing I’ll change to 19’s on wider tires. Maybe the 2 piece stronger brakes and track mode will have made it worth it...
I think the stronger brakes will only come into play on the track. In regular daily driving I barely use the brakes (although I am not sure if autopilot is applying the brakes or slowing with regen). In an emergency breaking scenario, I think the tires are likely to be a bigger factor in stopping power than the bigger breaks (could be wrong though). Have read some posts about 19" potentially having difficulty fitting with the bigger brakes. Do some reading to see if this will be an issue or not (hopefully not).

I think the stronger brakes will only come into play on the track. In regular daily driving I barely use the brakes (although I am not sure if autopilot is applying the brakes or slowing with regen). In an emergency breaking scenario, I think the tires are likely to be a bigger factor in stopping power than the bigger breaks (could be wrong though). Have read some posts about 19" potentially having difficulty fitting with the bigger brakes. Do some reading to see if this will be an issue or not (hopefully not).
Yes, we shall see in actual driving experience. My Hellcat had 6 piston brembos , and it inspired confidence when I was on it:D ...in stopping or slowing quickly was never an issue. I know the 18’s won’t fit but the 19’s I’ll dig into . In some ways I miss the supercharger whine but prefer the stealth silence rather than catch me hoopla I’m over here ..Thx!

Bigger brakes make literally no difference in a normal non-track stop. It's impossible for them to do so.

Stopping distance is a function of the tires in such situations.

The only time bigger brakes matter is when you're making your 10th back to back stop from speed, not your 1st.

For a deeper dive into why, see this article-

GRM Pulp Friction

It explains what each piece of a braking system does, and does not, do, and why ultimately the only way to actually reduce normal braking distances is to put stickier tires on the car.

Reactions: neroden
Bigger brakes make literally no difference in a normal non-track stop. It's impossible for them to do so.

Stopping distance is a function of the tires in such situations.

The only time bigger brakes matter is when you're making your 10th back to back stop from speed, not your 1st.

For a deeper dive into why, see this article-

GRM Pulp Friction

It explains what each piece of a braking system does, and does not, do, and why ultimately the only way to actually reduce normal braking distances is to put stickier tires on the car.
Great info. Guess , since I live near Charlotte race tracks everywhere , we’ll be tracking it to see the true potential! Thx!

Well my scheduled 9-30-18 delivery didn't happen. No explanation from Tesla. When I reached out I got well its in transit and we will expedite it. I called the delivery schedule team and was told the vehicle won't even be built for thirty days. WTH? They have had my money since 9-15-18. The guy also could not even guarantee delivery this year. That could be a big problem as I am counting on the tax credit. Oh yeah my reservation date was 4-10-16. Of course I sold my car two months ago. looks like at least a month or more of no car. How do i go about getting them to give me a loaner?

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Well my scheduled 9-30-18 delivery didn't happen. No explanation from Tesla. When I reached out I got well its in transit and we will expedite it. I called the delivery schedule team and was told the vehicle won't even be built for thirty days. WTH? They have had my money since 9-15-18. The guy also could not even guarantee delivery this year. That could be a big problem as I am counting on the tax credit. Oh yeah my reservation date was 4-10-16. Of course I sold my car two months ago. looks like at least a month or more of no car. How do i go about getting them to give me a loaner?
3/31/16 reservation, 6/30/18 order and not a word from Tesla except the bullshit text they sent to everyone!

Explain to the people at local delivery center that you sold your car because Tesla promised you delivery on a particular date, and that you need a car. Tell 'em you need a loaner. If necessary, say that you've been relying on expensive taxis and having to cancel important appointments due to not having a car... If they give you hassle, tell them you need your money back so that you can buy a car so that you have a car to drive, and that that's all there is to it.

Most of the delivery centers and service centers *have* given loaners, or rentals, or Lyft credits, to people who they've put into your situation (no car due to Tesla cancelling delivery). Demand it.

• Informative
If you bought an S are you taking the 3 too or why did you by an S then check on the 3 too lol?
Checked on the 3 Monday and was told it no progress yet. Bought the S last night and checked back door this am before sending cancellation request. After seeing back door was closed figired I would call Tesla and see what they said.... sure enough said I had a vin assigned. They are supposed to call me later today with a delivery time frame. If it is not too far out I will cancel the S. If the 3 is too far out I will request a refund.

• Helpful
Checked on the 3 Monday and was told it no progress yet. Bought the S last night and checked back door this am before sending cancellation request. After seeing back door was closed figired I would call Tesla and see what they said.... sure enough said I had a vin assigned. They are supposed to call me later today with a delivery time frame. If it is not too far out I will cancel the S. If the 3 is too far out I will request a refund.
I see. Why not jut call the delivery scheduling team, and get it on the books?

FD222B93-40D8-4B73-9058-5056140ED327.jpeg
I was at Charlotte SC earlier... it was pretty dead compared to the end of quarter hoopla. Maybe 100 model 3’s. Hopefully some MOre truckloads on the way soon ...didn’t see my car :confused:

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.