Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few things:
1. Figure out your financing ASAP. Tesla will likely be more than what you can find elsewhere, particularly with a credit union.
2. You should hear from someone in Vegas asking you to confirm payment method and if there is a trade in. Once that is confirmed and they have your details (financing details for instance), they can update the account and draw up the MVPA which shows all of the finance info.
3. They will have you make any down payment via the online portal, and will send you an MVPA electronically to sign.
4. They will e-mail you final paperwork, which includes MVPA, Power of Attorney form, SC DMV Title Application, Odometer disclosure statement, damage disclosure statement, certificate of title, plate registration/transfer, trade in (if applicable)
5. These forms will need to be completed by who ever will be on the title (me and my wife in my case), and there are certain forms that need to be notarized (so we both needed to be at the same place at the same time infront of the notary).
6. All of these documents are then fedex'd to Raleigh overnight
7. Final payment from your lender will also need to be ACH'd or fedexed overnight to Raleigh (can be together or separate from item 6 above).
8. Once Raleigh receives and confirms there are no errors, delivery can proceed.

They will give you a temporary tag. You should be able to call the Charlotte SC and ask them for your VIN. Tell them you need it for insurance and the financing company will need it too.
Same day as me in Charlotte... if car actually arrives , and ready - will check progress this weeke !

Last edited:
4056108B-F929-4B35-8737-1D46F05B9DF4.jpeg
F3B515CB-0CF8-4DEB-BEF2-6AA909767AE1.jpeg
F3F00C05-1E42-4713-AE5C-B717B770699B.jpeg
1C550744-C08C-4B3A-A509-034993E5F62E.jpeg
ACF890CF-CEE0-4D4F-996E-9467E01436FB.jpeg
8FCA8919-D356-4B43-AA18-37C2DD983888.jpeg
763EFEF1-1BFE-42DA-806B-CC5B3A57DFBE.jpeg

Please comment on what you would do in this scenario?!
Thx in advance .

Update Star Log 10/9- Called Tesla SC earlier today- They tracked my car said it seemed like it was in Charlotte on lot !

2pm - headed to Tesla to look over car - it wasn’t on lot... so went inside asked about it- They pinged it , and said it was at overflow lot - and I took the address for a peek ...

2:30 pm Overflow lot is Body Shop! The Car is there getting FRONT bumper replaced ... wth/ Body shop said car should be ready Friday for Tesla to pick up but wouldn’t tell me why the bumper is being changed!:mad:

The paint looked fine, interior was perfect gaps looks fine but car was filthy, and require just a deeper inspection when gets back to Tesla. I didn’t see why the bumper is requiring changing but the tires, and 88 miles on it concerned me just A little bit more. Looks Like someone’s been having fun with it. I don’t appreciate the shadiness of being so vague when you try to get answers , and hiding these things on any car we are buying from Tesla.
So what are your thoughts?!:)

View attachment 342285 View attachment 342286 View attachment 342287 View attachment 342288 View attachment 342289 View attachment 342290 View attachment 342291
Please comment on what you would do in this scenario?!
Thx in advance .

Update Star Log 10/9- Called Tesla SC earlier today- They tracked my car said it seemed like it was in Charlotte on lot !

2pm - headed to Tesla to look over car - it wasn’t on lot... so went inside asked about it- They pinged it , and said it was at overflow lot - and I took the address for a peek ...

2:30 pm Overflow lot is Body Shop! The Car is there getting FRONT bumper replaced ... wth/ Body shop said car should be ready Friday for Tesla to pick up but wouldn’t tell me why the bumper is being changed!:mad:

The paint looked fine, interior was perfect gaps looks fine but car was filthy, and require just a deeper inspection when gets back to Tesla. I didn’t see why the bumper is requiring changing but the tires, and 88 miles on it concerned me just A little bit more. Looks Like someone’s been having fun with it. I don’t appreciate the shadiness of being so vague when you try to get answers , and hiding these things on any car we are buying from Tesla.
So what are your thoughts?!:)

First, CONGRATS! This was your first official look at the car. Great to know it is finally in Charlotte!

In terms of the bumper, I wouldn't be concerned. Many cars have issues that need to be addressed by the body shop, and most of the time the buyer wouldn't necessarily know. I had that orange on my car as well on a chip that needed to be fixed by the body shop. It was fixed perfectly, and the car was cleaned up when I took delivery.

Question for you: Where did you see that the car has 88 miles on it? That does seem excessive to me. All of the paperwork for me had "50 miles", which I understand is just their standard. I believe the car had 7 miles on it when I picked it up. I would look into the 88 miles for sure, but I wouldn't be too terribly concerned. As a point of reference, I drove my car like I stole it for the first 88+ miles. In fact, I have 1121 miles on it as of today, all of which put a smile on my face.

Good luck and keep us posted!

• Love
Reactions: Sg911
First, CONGRATS! This was your first official look at the car. Great to know it is finally in Charlotte!

In terms of the bumper, I wouldn't be concerned. Many cars have issues that need to be addressed by the body shop, and most of the time the buyer wouldn't necessarily know. I had that orange on my car as well on a chip that needed to be fixed by the body shop. It was fixed perfectly, and the car was cleaned up when I took delivery.

Question for you: Where did you see that the car has 88 miles on it? That does seem excessive to me. All of the paperwork for me had "50 miles", which I understand is just their standard. I believe the car had 7 miles on it when I picked it up. I would look into the 88 miles for sure, but I wouldn't be too terribly concerned. As a point of reference, I drove my car like I stole it for the first 88+ miles. In fact, I have 1121 miles on it as of today, all of which put a smile on my face.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Thank you Randy! It was awesome to actually see it... hopefully when it’s back at Tesla I will get a better handle on the bumper, mileage , and true tire condition .

The interior screen showed 88 miles upper left- is that range?

YES, YES can’t wait to tear some I.C.Eosaurs up lol on our way to Asheville for our holiday jaunt ‘:D:):cool:

Thank you Randy! It was awesome to actually see it... hopefully when it’s back at Tesla I will get a better handle on the bumper, mileage , and true tire condition .

YES, YES can’t wait to tear some I.C.Eosaurs up lol on our way to Asheville for our holiday jaunt ‘:D:):cool:
Ok maybe that’s just range lol !!! Stupid me

[QUOTE="Randy7fx, post: 3107310, .

Good luck and keep us posted![/QUOTE]
Guesss there’s no break in period ! That’s 88 miles must have been FUN!!!

Okay, that's battery/range You would have had to click into one of two menu's and scrolled down to see odometer reading. Remind me if you have done your paperwork already? If so, I would push to move your delivery up from the 25th, especially if the body shop is saying they will be done this Friday. Chat with the SC Manager and see if she is able to pull delivery forward. If all paperwork is done, they want the car delivered and off their lot just as badly as you do...

Okay, that's battery/range You would have had to click into one of two menu's and scrolled down to see odometer reading. Remind me if you have done your paperwork already? If so, I would push to move your delivery up from the 25th, especially if the body shop is saying they will be done this Friday. Chat with the SC Manager and see if she is able to pull delivery forward. If all paperwork is done, they want the car delivered and off their lot just as badly as you do...
Ok!

No , haven’t heard a peep from IDA Christina yet , and I asked them today? They local SC said she will get an update that car is in Charlotte , and contact me about finalizing details ...
The body shop also said sometimes in their experience, the parts for Tesla don't come quickly sometimes it takes a few extra weeks , and months :eek: I wish I knew why they are changing the dang front bumper !

Status
Not open for further replies.