Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Have you tried any of the local credit unions? You might get a better rate vs Tesla financing.
I looked around, and the rate wasn’t that much better. Not worth becoming a member. Our mortgage is through the same institution as the car will be, so I am fine with that convenience of not having to create anything new with another place.

Picked up my Model S from Charlotte last week. The car was flawless and so far no issues at all. Tint was next 18% Ceramic - car looks and feels great!!! First Supercharger.
IMG_3873.JPG
IMG_3879.JPG

I looked around, and the rate wasn’t that much better. Not worth becoming a member. Our mortgage is through the same institution as the car will be, so I am fine with that convenience of not having to create anything new with another place.

As of last week anyway Allegacy Credit Union was offering me a rate 1.3% lower than what Tesla offered- that sure seemed worth the $10 to join.

Plus they lock the rate for 60 days rather than the 30 most folks do so you're covered if there's a small slip in delivery date.

@Randy7fx if you didn't know, sharonview is 1.99% for 60 months, 2.74% for 72 months and 3.74% for 84 months
I went with Allegacy as I already bank there and I liked the 75 months for 2.74%. I am planning to put aside the difference of a 60 month payment vs 75 month payment in a side account and will pay down at end of a year. Did this for last car and paid it off in 4.5 years.

@Randy7fx if you didn't know, sharonview is 1.99% for 60 months, 2.74% for 72 months and 3.74% for 84 months
I went with Allegacy as I already bank there and I liked the 75 months for 2.74%. I am planning to put aside the difference of a 60 month payment vs 75 month payment in a side account and will pay down at end of a year. Did this for last car and paid it off in 4.5 years.
Thanks for the info. I am planning on using Carolina Cooperative, but they have a few more requirements/restrictions to join.

UMMMMM OK, so I'll joint NCCC or whatever for 20 bucks to get 1.99 for up to 84 months? is that right?
I don't meet any of the other requirements.
would save me about $20/month compared to 2.74% so not do or die.

In theory, yes. In practice, one of the other requirements for that rate is that your paycheck is direct deposited into the credit union, at which point the rate is 1.99% for up to 84 months (credit score has to be above 670 which is crazy low). For me, my wife is a teacher so we will direct deposit her salary into the credit union. The car payment almost wipes away the direct deposit monthly (ok not quite almost, but close enough).

$20 per month over 84 months is $1680...so well worth it for us.

Reactions: srharris22
Thanks. Just reached out to them for a quote.

Looks like you have had your car for 6 days....initial thoughts? Let us live vicariously through you...

I had never driven an electric car before so the regen is definitely some I had to get used to. I love the car. It is so fun to drive. Autopilot was also pretty wild since I had never experienced it. But after a couple of days, I am pretty comfy with everything. I had no issues at delivery. Jeremy, the electrician, was a really nice guy. His shop is really close to where I live. I had a 14-50 installed right next to my panel so it was only around $250 I think. I had it installed back in May. Tell him J.Couch referred you.

Now on Day 5-post "Delivery Date #1" ... Little to no contact so far, concerning whatever they are supposedly having to fix "Panoramic Glass is askew in one corner"

Man..Tesla's communication skills are brutal...yes, there are more cars going out than ever before, but a 25 second email response is all it takes...

Status
Not open for further replies.