Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charlotte to Atlanta Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also think a single charge can make it if you are careful with the throttle. That said, I plan to have more fun and make a pitstop in Commerce when I go from Charlotte to Atlanta. Then I hit the Supercharger in Atlanta before turning in.

Great list.

This trip (other than Charlotte to Asheville) is my biggest concern too. Greenville would be the ideal stop for me but the Chademo charger mentioned is a bit off the interstate and in a popular garage so it may not be available once you get there. It was not working we we tried it and there was no assigned space. Greenville needs a SC station pronto.

South to North

Level 2 / Chademo at Mall of Georgia, Buford GA
HPWC at Chateau Elan, Braselton GA
Level 2 at Tanger Outlets, Commerce GA (where there should be a Supercharger, IMHO)
HPWC at the Bleckley Inn, Anderson South Carolina
Level 2 / Chademo Richardson Street Garage, Greenville South Carolina
Level 2 / Chademo Caromont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia, North Carolina

BTW, a number of people have made it with an 85 on one shot. Low/no climate control and 55 mph for the first bit until Model S tells you that higher speeds will still make it.

Great list.

This trip (other than Charlotte to Asheville) is my biggest concern too. Greenville would be the ideal stop for me but the Chademo charger mentioned is a bit off the interstate and in a popular garage so it may not be available once you get there. It was not working we we tried it and there was no assigned space. Greenville needs a SC station pronto.

Agree. I am about 5-6 Superchargers away from all of my dreams coming true.

(Greenville SC, Hickory NC, Asheville NC, Jxn I-77 & I-81, Columbia SC, and a destination charger at Snowshoe, WV)

Great list.

However, Greenville has a dozen or so Level 2 chargers, a number of which are located by hotels and restaurants, so the extra range needed to make CLT-ATL is easy to do it an hour or two of a lunch stop. Obviously CHAdeMO is better and Superchargers are best, but in the meantime I find the level 2's work OK. The Hampton Inn, for example has nice walks and restaurants nearby, and several municipal garages have level 2's. I just plan for a couple hours in Greenville and quit worrying about range. We really need Superchargers, but even a couple more CHAdeMO and HPWC destination until would be most welcome, wouldn't they?

- - - Updated - - -

As the years go by, I am pretty sure my last black diamond run is behind me. At my age, the blue squares seem pretty good...

I am in the same situation; I have even sold my ski in/out condo in Deer Valley. Sad, but the P85D in the isolated twisty roads of the Blue Ridge mountains does offer some consolation.