Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheap insurance southern california?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to see if anyone has a good reference for car insurance in southern California? My insurance, geico, has been steadily increasing over the past year. Again calling them yield saying it is their algorithm and base on the repair data they have.

Now this is all because of Tesla's stranglehold on the repairs and driving up repair cost thus making even minor fenderbender a total loss case because it is more expensive to repair than to pay out the cost of the car.

Any good low cost insurance out there for southern California? Also for those outside of southern California has there been an increase in insurance cost over the years?

Some prefice:
Been driving for 15 years and 0 accidents or tickets in those 15 years. Not even a parking ticket.

Last edited:
Here's the picture link of my premium as I've kept reposting them:

NOA lane changing into concrete barrier / walls?

Wawanesa.com

2017 Tesla Model X $529.05 / 6 months
2018 Tesla Model 3 $514.31 / 6 months

You should get it cheaper if you reduce the coverage (mine is $250,000 / $500,000 Bodily injury, 24,000 driven miles each car per year...)

Do you happen to have mult-car and/or multi-policy discounts to arrive at those rates?

Just checked wawanesa and they quoted me $1138 every 6 months. Max coverage 250k/500k and $1000 deductible. Geico has it a $980 every 6 months a 15% increase from last renewal. Just 1 car and I said I will be driving 25k miles each year. Do I need to get another cheapo car to declare for commute and have my Tesla as vacation car?

Here's the picture link of my premium as I've kept reposting them:

NOA lane changing into concrete barrier / walls?

Wawanesa.com

2017 Tesla Model X $529.05 / 6 months
2018 Tesla Model 3 $514.31 / 6 months

You should get it cheaper if you reduce the coverage (mine is $250,000 / $500,000 Bodily injury, 24,000 driven miles each car per year...)

You are probably married or you have multi car discount to get that rate. They know you can be driving both cars all the time.

Man at this rate, I would paid off another car in just insurance cost at the end of my loan. Damn if I knew insurance was this expensive, I would've gotten another EV instead of a Tesla.

Someone has to pay for all those advertisements. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have you tried calling around and getting quotes, or calling Geico and threatening to switch?
I know you were joking, but Geico spends (on average) about $90 per policy per year (so $45 per term) on advertising. It isn’t the advertising that is causing increases. While all of this ADAS equipment in cars (not just Teslas) may help reduce frequency, severity is way up. Maybe fewer accidents, but each one costs a small fortune to fix.

Another vote for Costco/Ameriprise. As others have said, your premium will vary, depending on many factors. In my case (multi-car, no accidents/tickets, over 45 years driving experience, full coverage), it was about $200/6 months to add my 2015 S 85D in southern California.