Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheaper trunk frunk/frunk mat options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bump. Anyone found some cheaper options for the trunk and frunk?
I ended up getting the generic Costco floor mats for about $25 for the front and rear seat and think they are great.

Can you send a link?

I would recommend the following Front / Rear / and Trunk:

Dimension

1st Row ... L 28" ..... x .. W 20"
2nd Row .. L 17.5" .. x .. W 56"
Trunk ........ L 43" .... x .. W 54"

$59.50 - Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV 4 Piece Floor Mats - All Weather - 2 Row and Trim to Fit Trunk XL Cargo Liner (Black)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Bill Foster
Blows my mind people are so cheap they would put universal mats in a car that’s worth more than 10k.

TBH I’m just waiting for Tesla to restock the carpet frunk mat. I put the all weather ones they make in my car and damn they are nice

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Watts_Up
I just bought a Weathertech generic trunk mat for $10 at Costco today. The rubber material seems high quality, yet was easy to cut to shape. I think it turned out great.

So this has to be the cheapest way to cover both the trunk and the frunk ($20) with quality material.

I understand those who prefer a more expensive mat. But my thought is, who is going to spend a lot of time looking inside your trunk or frunk? I’d rather save $100+ and buy some high quality sealants and spray waxes for the exterior.

I just bought a Weathertech generic trunk mat for $10 at Costco today. The rubber material seems high quality, yet was easy to cut to shape. I think it turned out great.

So this has to be the cheapest way to cover both the trunk and the frunk ($20) with quality material.

I understand those who prefer a more expensive mat. But my thought is, who is going to spend a lot of time looking inside your trunk or frunk? I’d rather save $100+ and buy some high quality sealants and spray waxes for the exterior.

link/pics?

I don't care how it looks to people. I care how well the custom-fit raised lip contains liquids if something leaks or spills.

A generic mat you have to cut down to size isn't going to do that nearly as well (or at all depending where you have to cut)

great deal!
May be available In-Warehouse at a lower non-delivered price

Here are a couple pics of it installed in my trunk. I could have cut the sides down even more, but I like how the go high and provide even more protection of the fabric underneath. Not bad for $10.

IMG_1370.jpg
IMG_1372.jpg

Reactions: Fusion
I bought one of these waterproof blankets and sewed velcro pieces at each corner and in the middle of each side. It's waterproof and extends up the back of the seats and partway up each side of the trunk. Not pretty, but when I spill something on it I just take it out and throw it in the washer. I keep my back seats down a lot for carrying items, so I wanted something that would extend from the back of the front seats to the back of the trunk. It's also a spare blanket in a pinch. It's long enough that when I'm unloading from the car or anything needs to rest on the back bumper I can extend it out and help prevent scratches on the bumper. My last two cars had tons of scratches in that area because of all the hauling that I do.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07796P1XL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know this is supposed to be about cheap mats but I am really happy with the TUXMAT set I've got.
Tesla Model 3
They are expensive but considering the car and the fact that I will be buying these maybe once in 5 years or even less frequent, they are worth the money to me. When I first saw them I was worried they won't fit nicely but they do, much better than expected!

For trunk and frunk though TUXMAT seems way too expensive and I'm considering something very easy to wash.... not sure what I'll buy yet.