Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheaper trunk frunk/frunk mat options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone found any good options for a cheaper frunk/trunk mat? I was hoping to find something cheaper than Tesla's $130 trunk mat. It is a nice mat, but I would like to see other lower priced options.

Does anyone have a review on ToughPro's $80 trunk mat?

I have the Tesla $130 Trunk Mat and the ToughPro's $80 Frunk mat. Both are great in my opinion. The Tesla one comes up on the side so you will get more coverage and protection. The ToughPro is cut well but does not protect the sides. If you're looking to save money, the ToughPro route isn't a bad choice. You'll save, but again, won't get the side protection. To be honest though, that side protection isn't all that important for me.

Attachments

• 20180927_144833.jpg
    20180927_144833.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 1,107
  • 20180927_144627.jpg
    20180927_144627.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 926
  • Informative
Reactions: brobinson
I ordered these for the frunk and for the lower "storage" portion of the trunk and am happy with them:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D61X9B9/

The ToughPRO trunk mat is a good option for the main deck of the trunk:
https://www.amazon.com/ToughPRO-Tesla-Model-Trunk-Mat/dp/B07959TQHW/

Tesla seems to have the best value in all-weather floor mats for the cabin:
Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats

I have 3D MAXpider mats on order, but I would have ordered the cabin floor mats from Tesla if I'd realized they were going to sell the set for only $145.

Reactions: Ludatik
  • Informative
Reactions: laudbrian

Thanks for pointing that out. I noticed I misread the op's initial ask for frunk and bottom trunk storage area not main trunk area, wish they sold them separately as I like that hexagon pattern.
The one review says it doesn't fit 100% and this is in the item's description (Above shown pictures are for display only, may not be the selling item you are bidding due to various models, years and make of vehicles.) which takes away some confidence but good thing they have a fantastic return policy if it doesn't work out.

I picked up 3D Maxpider's Universal Cargo Liner for waterproof protection in my trunk area since their custom laser cut cargo mat is not available (and told not to expect for a while). This liner is one of those of cut-to-fit mats, kagu material (no odor), has raised areas to trap liquids. At Part Catalog ran 59.95 with shipping. I'll be cutting it this weekend and installing and can post a photo then. I have the custom 3D Maxpider frunk mat (82.29) on order but not expecting it until December or later.

• Informative
Reactions: laudbrian
Has anyone found any good options for a cheaper frunk/trunk mat?
I was hoping to find something cheaper than Tesla's $130 trunk mat.
It is a nice mat, but I would like to see other lower priced options.

I just received the following 4 set (2 Front, 1 Rear, and 1 Cargo) from Amazon Prime for $59.50
Motor Trend Odorless Heavy Duty Car SUV 4 Piece Floor Mats - All Weather - 2 Row and Trim to Fit Trunk XL Cargo Liner (Black)
Vendor: Custom Auto Crews, Vernon, CA

You can trim each piece to get a perfect fitting, however I just put them and they fit perfectly without a real need to cut them.
I might let them stay for a while to take the shape of the car and then adjust but I am not sure this will be necessary.
- In fact I like that the cargo overlap on the side to protect the trunk walls.
- For the driver side, the left dead pedal area is slightly covered, but I don't think that I will need to make a cut.
- For the rear, currently the mats are covering part of the front seats rails. I will see with usage, but unless I need to move back
all the way the front seats, in my current situation the front seats doesn't touch the rear mat.
I like the fact that the rear mat is a single piece, and the side cover also the bottom of the rear door wall.

71QSUalZjcL._SL1200_.jpg

The exact model reference is: Motor Trend MT-813-BK + MT-866-BK_AMZHD

61T5V9md45L._SL1000_.jpg