Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheapest tire for 21inch ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

2013 model s p85 . Got a flat and firestone gave me continental tire for $1000 a piece. … What is the cheapest tire? I dont want to pay that much everytime i get a flat.

I got a flat on a trip once, and a random hole in the wall shop gave me a tire for my 21 inch for 150$!!

My car has 19s so I don't have a specific answer for you on 21s but would recommend researching on TireRack.com. Their search tools are great and they do extensive testing as well as collecting user reviews, all presented in an easy to access manner. They generally have the best prices as well however I would use them to pick a few options that will work and then price them out locally and on other online sites.

If you have a Costco membership AND they sell the tire you select however, Costco will likely be even cheaper than TireRack.

Dang what version of Continental? Also what kind of 21 inch tire was 150? If you have a square setup might be a good idea to use that one as a dedicated spare. Not to be funny but seems like you encountered the law of averages, super lucky on the one and super unlucky on the other.

Reactions: Sanderpman12
Dang what version of Continental? Also what kind of 21 inch tire was 150? If you have a square setup might be a good idea to use that one as a dedicated spare. Not to be funny but seems like you encountered the law of averages, super lucky on the one and super unlucky on the other.
I just hate tires and mechanics, i want to learn to do this all myself. I found this online so im going to order these from now on

Attachments

• 5BBA872A-8FAA-4A1E-BF4C-DF992B715606.png
    5BBA872A-8FAA-4A1E-BF4C-DF992B715606.png
    305 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: canasion35
Hi,

2013 model s p85 . Got a flat and firestone gave me continental tire for $1000 a piece. … What is the cheapest tire? I dont want to pay that much everytime i get a flat.

I got a flat on a trip once, and a random hole in the wall shop gave me a tire for my 21 inch for 150$!!
damn they are trying to screw you over. the Plaid tires Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/ZR21 are only $420 a piece (rear), the fronts are cheaper

Reactions: Sanderpman12
I use the Falken Azenis on my car, they grip very well and they are cheap. Downside is they only last about 12-18 months before i have to replace them. So depending on how much you drive they can last longer, i do about 20k miles a year. I've had the Michelin ones on before to see if they were any better, but they lasted about the same probably only 15k miles before i had to replace those ones so the extra cost was not even remotely worth the price of 1.5x the Falken's.