Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheapest way to get updated Fascia for older Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great! I've had my Tsportline bumper for about 18 months and it's great. A couple little annoyances but none that make me regret my purchase at all. The one strange one is that, when I installed it, there was something off in the geometry in the way the fog lights mount to the bumper- I remember them being very tight to screw in on both sides. They look fine from the outside, but after about 6 months the bumper got an impression on both sides where the fog light brackets attach. I'm probably the only one who notices but it was a tad annoying. If I ever have the bumper off I might see if there is any way to relieve the pressure, but I doubt it.

Also, the glue that came with the bumper to hold the sensor brackets on just wasn't strong enough, so I ended up having to ditch the sensor brackets and tape them in place using body panel tape. After 18 months they haven't moved at all, so it's fine.

As far as the headlights- when I first did the swap I was a little embarrassed driving around with the pre-2016 DRLs. But after a couple months I started noticing so many 2016-on Model S's drive by with partially burned out DRLs. There are a lot of Model S's where I live and if I had to guess I'd say that at least 25% of them have at least one section of their DRLs burnt out. After 8 years my OEM DRLs are still running strong. I also love love love HID headlights, so I wasn't rushing to swap to LEDs. At year 7 I replaced the OEM HID bulbs with new HID bulbs (the $200/pair kind, not the $25/pair kind) and they are just so wonderfully bright I just don't care anymore that I have the "old" headlights.

Haven't noticed the impressions but I completely understand what you are saying. My fog lights matched the screw holes, so they weren't that difficult at all to install and didn't "pull" the bumper in any way.
As far as the "adhesive" I ditched that and my body shop guy used his epoxy gun (grey) and those brackets are not going anywhere, trust me! LOL
I like my DRLs... And only people that own 2016.5+ Model S can tell the difference, and I could care less what they think. I'm also happy with my DRL HIDs.

Here is the party pooper... I can't buy any front bumper carbon fiber lip, so my car dress-up came to a halt... Contacted T Sportline and they said there is none compatible with it. I did buy a generic cheap ABS CF print one to see how well it will look. If it looks good, I will buy a generic CF one and buy the diffuser, splitters and side skirts afterwards. $880 (from China) for the sides and rear. Front might be like $500-$600 alone...

Haven't noticed the impressions but I completely understand what you are saying. My fog lights matched the screw holes, so they weren't that difficult at all to install and didn't "pull" the bumper in any way.
As far as the "adhesive" I ditched that and my body shop guy used his epoxy gun (grey) and those brackets are not going anywhere, trust me! LOL
I like my DRLs... And only people that own 2016.5+ Model S can tell the difference, and I could care less what they think. I'm also happy with my DRL HIDs.

Here is the party pooper... I can't buy any front bumper carbon fiber lip, so my car dress-up came to a halt... Contacted T Sportline and they said there is none compatible with it. I did buy a generic cheap ABS CF print one to see how well it will look. If it looks good, I will buy a generic CF one and buy the diffuser, splitters and side skirts afterwards. $880 (from China) for the sides and rear. Front might be like $500-$600 alone...

Oh interesting- maybe I should just pick up a different pair of fog lights instead of trying to make it work with mine. It's encouraging that yours went in without any issues.

Oh interesting- maybe I should just pick up a different pair of fog lights instead of trying to make it work with mine. It's encouraging that yours went in without any issues.

All good on mine, I just don't have the option to turn them on from MCU which is very annoying from Tesla's part... They want you to get new cars, they don't want to help you with used ones, not even paying, they don't seem to have the time? At least they are fixing what messed up when they upgraded my MCU to MCU2... The least they could do... But something like enabling the FOG lights shouldn't be that difficult, jeez....