Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check List for Prospective Passengers

Kat Jacks

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Sep 26, 2020
Maine
My red M3 is being delivered today (9/29/20) (it's just after midnight EDT as I write this) and I'm so excited. I'm already obsessing about keeping it clean inside and out. I've made an appointment to have PPF and ceramic coating put on 3 weeks from now. I'm also concerned about other people who may want to actually sit in the car. This has never been even a thought before, but then I've never before been so attached to and thrilled about a car. I have prepared a checklist--similar to a preflight checklist for private pilots--that each would-be passenger must comply with prior to having the privilege of even touching my red beauty.

1. Have you taken a shower within the past hour and put on clean clothes (under- and outer-wear)?
2. Is there any lint or dust on clothing or skin?
3. Is your hair clean? Any loose hair on clothing or body?
4. Have you brushed your teeth, flossed and used mouthwash within the past 30 minutes?
5. Have you had a mani-pedi today?
6. Have you eaten garlic, onions or any other spices in the past 24 hours?
7. Do you have any urge to cough, sneeze, clear your throat or scratch your ears or any other body part?

If prospective passenger gives correct answers (I'm the judge of that!) to all questions, then he or she may apply to open the passenger door and possibly sit in the seat for one minute.
Just imagine what the criteria will be if the person actually wants to be in the car while it is moving! - a very high bar indeed.

This list is not copyrighted, so feel free to use as you will. Your Tesla will thank you.

one2many

Aug 16, 2019
germany
OK, my type of question.
Has anyone in your family gone to KFC in the last 24 hours.
Underarms cleaned and gooped
Have you been to taco bell in the last 24 hours
Do you eat bacon

You will find someone that fits and after you smash the pedal,
look out for brown outs.

smatthew

Jun 9, 2018
CA Bay Area
It's like a thread filled with people who never have passengers because no passenger would dare bother getting in their car.....

"Oh you have all these rules for your Tesla? Thanks, but I'll drive my own Tesla."

You can buy a Tesla, but you can't buy class or common decency apparently.

• Funny
Reactions: valaeyron and TomT

AmokTime

Nov 27, 2019
Philly metro
Maybe those rules should just be boiled down to, “Stay out of my car.”

Alternately, the questions should start with:
1. Do you enjoy the feel of the wind whipping through your hair?
2. Do you have excellent grip strength?
3. Do you like the outdoors?
4. Do you have a low coefficient of drag?

Roof Rack.

• Funny
Reactions: CharleyBC and jdr93

webbah

May 22, 2012
Lucerne, Switzerland
I have to haul young kids and babies around. The first thing I did with my white seats is treat them with 2 coats of Gyeon Leather Shield. Any messes simply wipe off with Gyeon Leather Cleaner Mild. If I tried to put the kids on the roof rack I'd be sleeping on the couch or worse.

• Informative
Reactions: jdr93

jdr93

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2017
wooded vermont
oh oh, there may be some days when the passengers can get in but you are 10 minutes overdue on a requirement. "give me a couple minutes, i'll be right back".
thanks for the humour on a rainy covid day

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC