TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Check out CPOs today!

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by mototrionic, Apr 13, 2018.

1. mototrionic

mototrionic Member

Just bought a 2013 85 CPO w/Pano roof and 68K miles for $43K. There are other solid cars that just released available right now. Anyway, been looking for my second Model S and have been following this forum - and assume y'all might be interested.

thanks!

• Like x 1
  2. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Thanks for posting this.

Questions:
    -- Non-Refurbished: Was this an official Tesla listing (from Tesla.com) and was there verbage related to non-refurbishment?
    -- Discount/Discount: Do you perceive that the price (you've mentioned) contains a discount (for used) and a discount for non-refurbished?
    -- Photos: Were photos the actual 2013 85, or, CGI?

Thanks

3. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

Price floor seems to still be in tact! I bought my 2013 S85 with pano, air, leather, tech in June 2016 CPO and refurbished with 44k miles for $45k.

4. mototrionic

mototrionic Member

They just sent actual pics, and are in the process of delivering. Legit. And, I get their CPO warranty so given the visuals make the car legit, such a safe way to buy. Otherwise, I have run into half a dozen scams doing the personal route trying to get something priced similar!

5. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

#5 Plan B, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Is Samantha your salesperson?

6. maroon555

maroon555 Member

Last night there’s one S85 with 50k miles pano roof leather teck pkg air suspension for 40k

7. mototrionic

mototrionic Member

yes - Delivery Coordinator I think

8. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Nice, me too.

9. marcebahn

marcebahn Member

Thanks for the information.

10. kwjayhawk

kwjayhawk Member

If anyone can share pictures of the new CPO process I would appreciate it. I would love to see what condition they look like now that there will be limited cosmetic touch ups. Also, would want to learn how fast people get those photos from Tesla.

• Like x 1
  11. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I got pics somewhat fast today from Florida and Chicago....still waiting for others. Pics where ok and cars where in pretty good condition.

• Informative x 1
  12. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

Price drop just happened, just secured a P85D.

• Like x 1
  13. Olds442

Olds442 Member

Def some nicer deals than we've seen lately. Congratulations to the new owners!

14. Brutaka

Brutaka Member

I would purchase one but sadly they're not reliable and would wait for a later year near that price point...

15. Osubeaver

Osubeaver Member

Does Tesla offer financing on the CPO? Or do you bring our own?

16. Sou7hCat09

Sou7hCat09 Member

Osubeaver - you can fill out a loan application through tesla at Credit Application | Tesla. It won’t be directly through Tesla but you can see the banks that you can choose from.

17. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I think I just bought my
    Try going through Pointwest Credit Union in Portland, they have the best rates if you have a 730+ credit score.

18. Need

Need Active Member

Someone posted in another thread about a CPO they received. It looks horrible. I was reading the words on Tesla CPO page and it seems like they are not doing any refurbishment at all other than mechanical? I think Tesla is buying them cheap from the previous owners, use them as loaner cars, then just sell them as CPO without having to put any more work back into it. Since they all had been loaner cars... they had been road tested without any mechanical issue.

19. kwjayhawk

kwjayhawk Member

Agreed. Can't tell you how many for sale ads I see where people say they were "lowballed" by Tesla and want to sell private. So they take those people who do trade in at a low offer and list high. Now they don't even make them clean?

Consumers lose. :(

Also potential buyers lose because private sellers think they can ask more because Tesla asks more.

Interesting to note when cars sell fast they are usually sold between 34-40 depending on year/features/miles.

20. Pismo

Pismo Member

What Source link did you use? I have tried a few, but they keep taking me to Tesla's website based on my location, with little inventory.
    Thanks for your help?