Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check Out the Cybertruck Promo Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla debuted the Cybertruck Thursday, saying it is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car.

Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive.

Vehicle Specs:

Range: 500+ miles0-60 mph acceleration:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Electruck
Nuff said ...

D6950C2A-3EA0-4DF4-A895-8E6D7E91C113.png

Like it or hate it, can be pretty sure it's going to alienate a good portion of the truck buying community.

No back window? How many people are taught to look over their shoulder. And I may never get used to a handlebar for a steering wheel, but hey, opinions are just opinions
It has back window. However the view of the back window is covered when the bed cover is pulled down. I'm not sure the handle bar steering wheel will be in production version.

Tesla cars have not get much attention from the street. Even the Model X, people only see the difference when the wing doors open, otherwise it's just the same like any other. My neighbor across the street didn't notice my P3D until 6 months later. The next door one asked me about it a year later. The rest are careless. This Cybertruck will get everyone attention. Good or bad, the mission to get people pay attention to EV is accomplished still.

The first thing I know that I don't need vinyl wrap and ceramic coat for this truck ;)

No, but people will wrap or partially wrap to do mods. I can see a future complaint not unlike the Model 3's center console about finger/hand prints all over. Given how meticulous people are with keeping their cars shiny and new, just see it happening. It's not a polished SS but more a matte but having watched the live test rides you clearly can see a reflection in the material.

cybertruck reflection - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, only if you measure performance by speed. the reality for working trucks is that performance is measured by towing capacity and payload. In this arena the cybertruck is just average if the intention is to best the F150 class, however, it is mediocre for the 250, and not even in the 350 class.

It does not look it is intended to complete in the F-250 or 350 arena. Does Ford even have plans for EV F-250 or EV F-350?

Excatly, I was trying to describe the truck to a co-worker today and used the same analogy.

As far as radar goes I'll have my nephew who is a deputy sheriff put the radar on it when I put one in the driveway.
The first thing I know that I don't need vinyl wrap and ceramic coat for this truck ;)
Just a Sam's Club bottle of Stainless Steel Polish, no problem. Bugs will slide right off.

• Funny
Reactions: Talguy
I don't thing it is vertical in the nose. It looks tilted down about 15 degrees or so. So any radiation will hit and be reflected down into the pavement. And then there are radar absorbing paints for sale on the interwebs.
It's actually a multi-layer paint coat system. NOT cheap by any means and a thrill to apply. ( Retired military structural aircraft mechanic)

• Informative
Reactions: Talguy
Last edited:
I too currently own 2 Teslas (S & X). I also had a 3P. However, I think the Cybertruck looks good and the specs are great! I ordered one and will use it in my business.
I feel that many smart business owners including those who own construction and surveyor companies, will buy fleets of these attention getting vehicles...then people will slowly associate these vehicles with mainstream practicality and utilitarian value.
Just my opinion. Time will tell.
Good luck with your business and truck.

Reactions: Brando and navguy12
No, but people will wrap or partially wrap to do mods. I can see a future complaint not unlike the Model 3's center console about finger/hand prints all over. Given how meticulous people are with keeping their cars shiny and new, just see it happening. It's not a polished SS but more a matte but having watched the live test rides you clearly can see a reflection in the material.

View attachment 481243

Heavily Etched SS can neither be painted nor wrapped. It will shed off. Too much air will be caught under the wrap, it will bubble on hot summer days.