Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check Out the Cybertruck Promo Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla debuted the Cybertruck Thursday, saying it is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car.

Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive.

Vehicle Specs:

Range: 500+ miles0-60 mph acceleration:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Electruck
Like it or hate it, can be pretty sure it's going to alienate a good portion of the truck buying community.

Personally I am not sure I want to have to view only the middle screen for all my mirrors. I drive a large truck at work. I hate to have to get used to where I need to look quickly. No back window? How many people are taught to look over their shoulder. And I may never get used to a handlebar for a steering wheel, but hey, opinions are just opinions

• Informative
Reactions: WattTheHeck
The obvious mistake is calling it a pickup or even a truck. It could be a great choice for many pickup owners who just don't need a pickup, but now it is mirrors-deep in the whole pickup competition and, sorry, I live in pickup country (and have a Model 3) and don't expect to see a single one of these in at least a 500 mile radius. At what point is this just about you, Elon?

• Disagree
Reactions: BornToFly
I don't so much care about the shape, but rather the reality. The cold-rolled stainless steel body is interesting. As is the towing capacity and the 500+ mile range. How it does off-road and in snow as well as the provision for a spare tire would be a big issue here in Montana. I also do not in general like a 6.5' bed rather than 8' bed, but can't have everything. I could work around that with the right motivation. I'm interested. My P3D- is fine here with street/highway snow but different thing in the outback. And the P3D- ain't much of a work vehicle. Will that truck pull my gooseneck trailer like my F350 diesel dully? That's an open question, not a requirement. All trucks are not the same. Or intended for the same purpose. Most American/Japanese trucks aren't real trucks anyway. Only a few are real work vehicles. The rest are for amusement.

Last edited: