Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check Out the Cybertruck Promo Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla debuted the Cybertruck Thursday, saying it is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car.

Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive.

Vehicle Specs:

Range: 500+ miles0-60 mph acceleration:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Electruck
The look really doesn't appeal to me for a daily driver, and I have never owned and wouldn't buy a pickup truck. But the specs and six passenger capacity satisfy everything I need and want, and the bed is a sweet bonus. Ordered. Currently has a 2014 p85d... 2023 will be just right for me! I just see it as a very utilitarian package for a phenomenal bundle of technology and performance.

I couldn’t be more impressed. Form follows function.

Thousands of homes are being demolished in Los Angeles with new homes being built in their place. This truck provides an alternative to the cost of construction temporary service from the utility. Every construction firm can utilize this vehicle to minimize those costs. Just wait until an accountant does the math.

It's weird, the more I look at it the more I like it and understand the vision. The inside is awesome; I'm sure the outside is not the final product though. I'd like to see them make it closer to a traditional truck by shaping the bed a little better. I won't be buying the truck, but that ATV is another story...

Tesla debuted the Cybertruck Thursday, saying it is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car. Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive. Vehicle Specs: Range: 500+ miles0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 secondsTowing capacity: More than 14,000...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/11/22/check-out-the-cybertruck-promo-photos/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]
Ordered one, looks great, great features, can't wait to drive 500 miles on a charge

I'm afraid the weird looks detract from people appreciating the awesome functionality. I mean a six passenger truck that can outrace and out-pull everything on the market? A little toning down would make it a lot more appealing. For instance, round wheel cutouts, more normal headlights and taillights. "Brutalism" is the word that comes to mind.

What idiot suggested the window test without being 100% sure that it would work? Made Tesla look stupid, which is so far from the facts. Too bad.

Struggling to find a plausible reason for for a design which follows neither the existing market or Tesla's own house-style.

Must be missing something. Maybe this design is simplified/optimised for manufacture by the infamous alien dreadnaught / machine that makes the machine? - except that the Model Y seems to be working towards that with a far more conventional design.

Frankly if this truck is the sort of machine which can be made by a machine, then it's not going to be worth turning on.

• Disagree
Reactions: Talguy
Ok thought it was pretty weird looking.. But after looking at it a few times it looks pretty interesting. Then as others have stated futuristic. I don't know if it is an Edsel or a classic form that will last for generations, yet. But I'm thinking that if the execution is as good as Tesla normally does it could be the first iconic new style that has hit trucks in 70 years. Model 3 is fine for awhile... let's see how it looks in 2025

Well there were people who thought the Aztec was really cool too! However the Aztec is mild on the fugly scale compared to this disaster. I'm sure Tesla will be able to sell some, but Tesla has totally missed the opportunity to score big in the pickup truck market. The earlier Tesla truck renderings that have been floating around the internet had great potential. After all the hype, this reveal was underwhelming and vastly disappointing. For those who have decided this is too cool to pass...good luck trying to sell it!

• Disagree
Reactions: Evoforce
I'm afraid the weird looks detract from people appreciating the awesome functionality. I mean a six passenger truck that can outrace and out-pull everything on the market? A little toning down would make it a lot more appealing. For instance, round wheel cutouts, more normal headlights and taillights. "Brutalism" is the word that comes to mind.

What idiot suggested the window test without being 100% sure that it would work? Made Tesla look stupid, which is so far from the facts. Too bad.

There seems to have been a great deal of stupid surrounding this project. The broken windows may not be the end of the mistakes.

Tesla debuted the Cybertruck Thursday, saying it is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car. Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive. Vehicle Specs: Range: 500+ miles0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 secondsTowing capacity: More than 14,000...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/11/22/check-out-the-cybertruck-promo-photos/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]
I was shocked at first but I'm already getting used to it and frankly starting to love the looks. The specs are awesome. I want one.

Well, only if you measure performance by speed. the reality for working trucks is that performance is measured by towing capacity and payload. In this arena the cybertruck is just average if the intention is to best the F150 class, however, it is mediocre for the 250, and not even in the 350 class.

I don't care for the design of trucks today anyways I think this looks alot more futuristic. The performance though is crazy and pretty much destroys anything on the market.

Have yet to see a picture that shows the "pick-up" part. I see two rows of seats and a sleek hatch-back look, but if it's a pickup, then where do I pile all my gardening tools, a mattress and two dogs?

Better than a photo watch the test ride videos. Most if not all showed the pickup bed. Videos of Test Ride in Cybertruck

You can get a good idea of the bed from here (different angle): Trunk looks like penty of room for what you mentioned wanting to store back there along with the dogs. Although maybe they'd like to be in the 2nd row!

63C126EF-7D2E-45E9-B248-25DDEC096600.jpeg
That was the WORST REVEAL I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY 65 year life! Everyone I was with were on the floor laughing. 1) It looks as if it was designed by my 12 year old nephew 2) The team that set up the glass demonstration should be FIRED 3) Stainless steel is not that easy to work with or to care for as grease, salt and road debris adhere to it like glue, It’s also a freaking nightmare to repair or replace, plus the brushed finish on panels NEVER match.

Looks like a 70’s SciFi B-movie prop or some failed futuristic concept from the same period... dated as hell, not futuristic at all. See above.

Well at least it wasn’t this:
6CC23850-1CBE-454C-9109-E843DFD1D70D.jpeg