Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check Out the Cybertruck Promo Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla debuted the Cybertruck Thursday, saying it is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car.

Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive.

Vehicle Specs:

Range: 500+ miles0-60 mph acceleration:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Electruck

I'm not surprised. To make an account just to say that.

About truck design - I'm not surprised. This is philosophy of Tesla. Prove that normal is BS.
I'm interested what society does with that.
I'm more interested n what sales figures have to say in two years (or more).

Seriously, there was a collective gasp at the unveil last night and many, if not most, thought it was a prop before the "real" truck was revealed. My first impression was the same as many: OMG, WTF, what were they thinking. Maybe it'll grow on us, maybe not, but it is a shock to the system for sure. If we're being honest, I don't think it what any of us expected.

I'm afraid the weird looks detract from people appreciating the awesome functionality. I mean a six passenger truck that can outrace and out-pull everything on the market? A little toning down would make it a lot more appealing. For instance, round wheel cutouts, more normal headlights and taillights. "Brutalism" is the word that comes to mind.

What idiot
suggested the window test without being 100% sure that it would work? Made Tesla look stupid, which is so far from the facts. Too bad.
Elon was certainly egging him on to perform two tests..............

I'm afraid the weird looks detract from people appreciating the awesome functionality. I mean a six passenger truck that can outrace and out-pull everything on the market? A little toning down would make it a lot more appealing. For instance, round wheel cutouts, more normal headlights and taillights. "Brutalism" is the word that comes to mind.

What idiot suggested the window test without being 100% sure that it would work? Made Tesla look stupid, which is so far from the facts. Too bad.

Elon was certainly egging him on to perform two tests..............

How do you get people with a Tesla dislike and maybe in the market for a pickup with these capabilities to learn about their new vehicle? Cause something that makes them look like they messed up and you know they will watch. Getting eyes on something as you can tell from even Tesla supporters who were like "what?" is getting them to be curious and finding things they really like about it. The initial opinion on the looks may very well fade away over time, not unlike the reaction of some to the Model 3's polarizing minimalistic interior and center screen touch screen controls. Supposedly over 200K reservations now and counting....very interesting to read peoples changing perspective on the truck.

I'm not surprised. To make an account just to say that.

About truck design - I'm not surprised. This is philosophy of Tesla. Prove that normal is BS.
I'm interested what society does with that.
I currently own 2 Teslas and have owned 4 total and I think its Fugly also. Just because someone has 1 post and says its fugly, doesn't mean what you are implying. That thing was butt a$$ ugly and I along with a lot of others are very very disappointed.

Reactions: austinmichaeld
I currently own 2 Teslas and have owned 4 total and I think its Fugly also. Just because someone has 1 post and says its fugly, doesn't mean what you are implying. That thing was butt a$$ ugly and I along with a lot of others are very very disappointed.

I must be in the minority but I think all Teslas before this have either been absolutely hideous (the model 3 and X) or just too plain/boring/sedate (model S). I begrudgingly bought the cheapest model 3 just to get in before various PG&E solar incentive deadlines in July ended but this is the first Tesla I would actually be interested in. Although you'd have to be insane to buy the first model of any car rolling off the assembly line. Give this model at least 2 years of production before buying it or else you'll be saddled with a worthless obsolete 2013 Model S-esque tank.

Reactions: woodguyatl
I’m deciding between this and a Rivian R1T. I’ve been doing a lot of off-Roading and overlanding with my FJ Cruiser so it would be interesting to see how this compares to the Rivian off-road being that Rivian is marketing heavily towards the overlanding crowd.

that being said I’d probably put satin vinyl just ahead of the rear wheels to add more visual interest. I think this makes it look more like an Apache attack helicopter.

4D8E6A30-0023-486C-B969-17855D6A0061.jpeg
7A70302B-34CD-4C34-A462-2F4BFDCC9825.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Sean Wagner
Well, only if you measure performance by speed. the reality for working trucks is that performance is measured by towing capacity and payload. In this arena the cybertruck is just average if the intention is to best the F150 class, however, it is mediocre for the 250, and not even in the 350 class.

Is that really true? I have an F350 diesel dully and a gooseneck trailer. The rated towing capacity of that F350 is a bit of hocus pocus and as I recall for mine is officially 12k or so. The Ford website says 12k-20k. As I recall my door plate says 12k. However, I have easily made distance runs in the mountains with 18k pounds on my 4k pound trailer. I registered my F350 to tow 20k but I made that number up, because there was no agreed-upon real number. Truth is we do not yet know the true capacity or best use for this Tesla vehicle. I love my F350 but don't even ask about fuel efficiency when loaded as above. Not all trucks have the same intended usage. How well the Tesla performs off-road and with a load are questions not answered yet. Keep an open mind. Reality will be reality. We do not yet have enough information to accurately define that reality. As far as a smooth showing, who gives a sh*t?

I’m deciding between this and a Rivian R1T. I’ve been doing a lot of off-Roading and overlanding with my FJ Cruiser so it would be interesting to see how this compares to the Rivian off-road being that Rivian is marketing heavily towards the overlanding crowd.

that being said I’d probably put satin vinyl just ahead of the rear wheels to add more visual interest. I think this makes it look more like an Apache attack helicopter.

View attachment 480245 View attachment 480246

Right, blades on the top would be cool also, too. I am also interested in the off-road performance compared to the Rivian.

DSC09004.JPEG

I think this is Musk's "Cunning Plan" - he will be able to sell all that he can make for the next year or so - 20,000 or so
By the time he is ready to make LOTS it will be less unusual - or if the public really don't like it he will be able to remodel it before full production

Reactions: EVSmartParts