Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Check Out the Progress on Tesla’s 40-Stall Supercharger Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is currently building two large 40-stall Supercharger stations in the U.S. and TMC members gave as a look this week at progress on the projects.

TMC member Fiver‘s photos show a project roughly halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco in Kettleman City, Calif. that appears to be near completion. Along with 40 Superchargers covered by solar canopies, the site will also feature a lounge with restrooms, tables, chairs and sofas. 

According to Fiver’s post:

“I swung by the location yesterday afternoon (11/8/17) on my way from SF down to LA. Took a ton of pics. The guy I talked to on site said there was supposed to be a big inspection at the site this weekend by Tesla. There was a TON of activity going on, workers wiring stuff up, pavers doing their thing, etc. The guy said he thinks they should be good to open in the next week or so. (Disclaimer, he was just a worker, no inside knowledge) He mentioned he hasn’t seen the inside of the lounge personally, but knew there was a ton of people inside working on “wiring up all the coffee makers and whatnot”.

img_9988-jpg.259250

img_1923-jpg.259258

img_1936-jpg.259252

The same station was captured at night by TMC member jgrgnt.

img_3446-jpg.259449

img_8201-jpg.259450

img_9313-jpg.259452

According to jgrgnt’s post:

“Stopped by tonight, 11/10 around 6pm. Outside, crews were sweeping up the concrete surfaces and installing covers for the lighting around the perimeter of each solar canopy. Inside, a crew was arranging all the Tesla swag onto shelves and racks. There are monitors and a Powerwall setup as well. All the signage is lit up, as were most of the supercharger pedestals. The landscaping looked done. It’s an impressive, well-lit station, though it took us a while to find it as it sits just off the main road.”

“Seems like it’s really, really close to completion.”

Photos from TMC Member Mark Z show the station located halfway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas in Baker, Calif. is beginning to take form. The site is now paved with solar canopies and Superchargers installed.

eac8746e-7f59-457d-bed9-cd0b3ea8d15d-jpeg.259354

8a57fea4-e6f9-49d5-8c3d-bba5d4659807-jpeg.259355

The site is located behind a gas station/truck stop and it’s unclear if it will also feature a Tesla lounge. 

Tesla confirmed last month that it is currently building the largest charging station in Europe, a new 42-stall Supercharger station in Norway.

Last edited by a moderator:
With this many chargers, it will be difficult to figure out which ones are paired and which will be able to provide the max charge rate.
I think it's time for Tesla to add something to the Nav system to point you to the chargers which will give the best charge rate.
Perhaps a map of the station showing "green" full charge available, "yellow" paired charge station in use or "red" not available.

When is Tesla going to support the Alaskan market with at least one supercharger location and a service center?

Great question. I would extend it to formulate the same question from a different angle. If we are buying Tesla cars in Alaska, would not be reasonable to open a beta project to start installing EV charging stations?

The same frame would work with the Governor's office of technology development and any other auto manufacturer.

An extra mile would be to make calls for investors to plan startup companies in your area. Add-on would be the recent statistics of EV's riding State Highways. One more caveat is to sponsor meetings with open-minded caring for the environment people to join you on a blog, get signatures and expand the idea.

Well, it is not that I have done all these things before but, as far I know, it is the way it has worked for others. I really need that job I am asking EM. Good Luck!