TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor Check out this sick Model 3 on ADV.1 Wheels! *HQ Pics*

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by EVS Motors, Apr 10, 2018.

1. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

#1 EVS Motors, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    [​IMG]
    We're proud to be a part of this project! The world's first Model 3 in ADV1 wheels--might even be the first Model 3 with aftermarket wheels! We finally met up with the client to do this photoshoot after helping him custom design these wheels back in November 2017.

Just some quick info on these ADV.1 Wheels:
    20x9 M.V2 CS (two piece forged wheel secured with titanium fasteners)
    Matte Bronze finish
    Every set built by ADV.1 is made out of forged aluminum so they aren't your typical cast wheel material, which is heavier and weaker. Every set is custom made for a specific client--client chooses spoke design, size, colors, etc. It's truly a unique experience that results in a fitment that requires no spacers or adapters as it's made specifically for your car.

Enjoy these pictures and if you too want to create your own special set of wheels for your 3, S, or X, I'd be happy to help however I can.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 8
    • Love x 1
  2. juanmedina

juanmedina Active Member

:) me likeky

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. FlyNavy01

FlyNavy01 Member

Not even close haha, but regardless they look incredible. I don't even want to ask about the cost...

• Like x 2
  4. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

How much do they cost and what do they weigh?

5. Daniel in SD

Daniel in SD Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're crazy expensive but they do look amazing! Looks like the offset if much lower than the stock rims. Hella flush. haha

6. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Looks pretty good. Bit too much on the offset for my tastes though. What did they do to lower the car? Coilovers or lowering springs?

• Like x 1
  7. Matt3y

Matt3y Member

Yup, close to $2K per wheel

• Informative x 2
  8. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Eek!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. bthienthai

bthienthai Member

Looks great, but for that reason, I'm out

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  10. Xenoilphobe

#10 Xenoilphobe, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Ditto. At that price it should include a trunk monkey that jumps out and cleans them everyday.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. Gen3Joe

Gen3Joe Member

They look good but I'm more motivated by performance than looks. Any chance you would make a good lightweight forged 18" wheel?

• Like x 1
  12. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

Still no word on weight? Cost is out the the question, but if this was a mass market wheel, i would be interested in the "look" if the weight was decent.

13. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

[​IMG]

• Funny x 11
  14. Phrixotrichus

Phrixotrichus Member

Looks like the wheels were completely rusty from a few meters away imho.....

15. SomeJoe7777

SomeJoe7777 Marginally-Known Member

Take the covers off the aero wheels and they look almost identical. For about $2000 less per wheel.

• Like x 2
  16. SigNC

SigNC Active Member

sure they do. :)

17. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

Wheels weigh about 28lbs, and we can go lighter if a client chooses a monoblock design over a two-piece or 3 piece configuration.

18. EVS Motors

EVS Motors Vendor

We have alternative options that are about $2500 per set not $2,000 per wheel.

19. Xenoilphobe

There is another thread here that you might want to look at - a bunch of us where looking at 18 x 8.5 Forged options that are focused on strength and weight reduction. Basic mono-block designs - think basic spec racing type wheels, not gravity cast, not flow forged, not rotary forging, something similar to the VOLK Racing TE37SL @ $650 or less each. Another option is the VOLK Racing ZE40. Something that is light, ~17 lbs in the fitment below and very strong.

By comparison the stock Model 3's wheels (18 inch) only weigh 21.6 lbs without the aero covers and 23 lbs with the covers in the following fitment:
    • Offset: +40
    • 18 x 8.5J
    • PCD: 5X114.3
    • Center Bore: 64.1mm
    Many of us have no budget for concierge /bespoke service, and it is a stretch for good high quality mono-block forged wheels that are feather lite for range efficiency.

Your product seems to align nicely with the Model S and Model X and the Roadster 2020 I think.

This thread has a lot of customers discussing wheel options - I hope you come out with a specific Model 3 option that we could group buy. I recommend you cross post there too if the Model 3 customers who are interested in ADV1's high end products.

Are the $2500 options mono block forged? Because that could be very compelling to a small group of us....if so can your provide a link to those wheels?

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

Sound like your on Shark Tank. LOL

7bbbf9bb17006b4e1f2b1393461e8ad8.jpg.png