Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Check Tire Pressure System, Call Tesla Service"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem here. Got this intermittent issue last year and every time I drive for more than 30 min, I get the error message and then it goes away. Lately, it started to do it randomly, anytime even when I started the car. They serviced the car for my 40k lately and added an antena to resolve the issue but it didn't work. I got the message the next day... Never the Service center mentioned they would replace my TPMSs. I gave them time stamps but they were not able to fix.

I think the worst thing about the recurring error message that we can't get fixed is that we have effectively had to decide to ignore it, since it pops up repeatedly with (as best the service centre can tell) no actual tire pressure issues. What I am worried about is the discussion we will have when we ignore the message one more time, and it finally turns out to be a real issue and not covered by warranty because we "ignored a warning light".

I think the worst thing about the recurring error message that we can't get fixed is that we have effectively had to decide to ignore it, since it pops up repeatedly with (as best the service centre can tell) no actual tire pressure issues. What I am worried about is the discussion we will have when we ignore the message one more time, and it finally turns out to be a real issue and not covered by warranty because we "ignored a warning light".

I am taking mine in tomorrow to have them fix this issue which has restarted to pop up regularly since about two weeks. I had this before and they replaced one sensor (or added a new one can't remember) last year that seemed to have fixed the issue for quite a while. I will post the end-result and its effectiveness sometime next week.

What I am worried about is the discussion we will have when we ignore the message one more time, and it finally turns out to be a real issue and not covered by warranty because we "ignored a warning light".

You should check your tire pressures yourself once a month. Don't depend on the TPMS; it will only inform you if they're pretty bad. For optimum performance and handling you should be maintaining the pressure, which will change with the seasons (due to temperature).

My P85 is having the same issues over the past month. I took it in a couple weeks ago and they replaced antenna/ecu. No more problems for a few days and then the tpms service message started appearing again. Lasted a couple days and now back to no error. I have a service appt again tomorrow but not sure what they can do since it's ok right now. My car is P1850. Over two years old. Running TSportline 19" turbines. Original Tesla sensors

I just reviewed the workorder. They replaced the dual external antenna, installed an updated ECU, and yes all four sensors in my winter wheels.

I think that's the entire TPMS system. I had reported it as an intermittent fault, which are an absolute bugger to diagnose, so I guess they just used the big guns on it.

Reported this issue on mine. SvC was somehow able to narrow it down to the passenger side sensors and they were targeted for replacement. I thought earlier models' TPMS were not tied to individual tires? If so, then how were they able to pull the logs and determine which were at fault?

I started having this message appear (along with the flashing exclamation point / tire icon) for about 10 minutes before disappearing.

It has happened twice in past 45 days, both instances were while on long trips on interstates in AZ or NM, at the posted 75mph speed and about 30-40F outside temp.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this random issue.

I've been seeing this intermittent issue on the pre-owned Model S that we brought home just over a week ago. The "tire pressure system needs service" message comes on regularly, after ~30 minutes of driving. I'm not sure if I want to bother taking it to a Tesla Service Center, though, since the closest one is over an hour away. This seems like a very minor issue.

Just put on my winter tires/wheels (aftermarktet) and am seeing the "Check TPMS System" error message (yes, I did attempt to reprogram them after the switch, but it won't do it). I'm assuming I have a bad sensor since my factory tires/wheels that I just took off were all working fine, and this winter setup worked fine last year. Since they're aftermarket, I know Tesla won't touch them...soooo, is there a way for the regular tire shop to determine which sensor is bad or will I just have to get all 4 replaced? This is a classic model S, so no individual tire pressure readouts on the display.

TPMS sensors use sealed batteries. The batteries last 4-6 years on average and then the sensor needs to be replaced. Any tire shop should be able to determine which transmitters have failed. Unfortunately the tire need to come off to replace the sensor.

The reason why people get the failure notice when they put on winter tires is that most people don't purchase the TPMS sensors and just install the tires on new rims. In that case the error can be ignored.

I just changed to custom rims/tires and once i drove the car i got the following message:

"Check Tire Pressure System, Call Tesla Service"

Does this mean the TPMS was not installed correctly? Or it means the pressure is not set up correctly?
Has anyone had this issue with their custom rims/tires? Is there a way to remove this error message?
I had similar message but not after a tire change however and it turned out I had a slow leak in one of my tires, which reappeared after filling up the tire. A nail was found and tire repaired.