Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Check Your Aerowheel Clips!

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
San Luis Obispo
I normally only use my Aerowheels for long trips, to get better mileage. But found an issue with them, there are 10 metal clips per hubcap and several of mine just fell out, others seemed to have unclipped but were still in place. Look at your Aerowheels before installing them to ensure these clips are in correctly, if not they feel harder to attach to the wheel and will scratch them. I think this was a poor design on Tesla's part. I'll probably keep them off for good after this trip.

Upvote 0

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC