Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Check your v5 on model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't understand why you can't use some punctuation commas full stops and that sort of thing hard to understand when it's just an endless stream of words there are keys on keyboard with dots and little smudges at the bottom which help us readers to understand you better you should try it sometime you might like it better I do :) ;)

Lol

Interestingly my V5 lists my P- as a LR. Not sure whether to be worried or just to bank the cheaper insurance

Or perhaps my P- is a LR (despite the Red underline)? Interestingly Track mode is an option in the menus - despite apparently not being part of the P-.

The usual Tesla confusion - but life is too short to worry.

Interestingly my V5 lists my P- as a LR. Not sure whether to be worried or just to bank the cheaper insurance

Or perhaps my P- is a LR (despite the Red underline)? Interestingly Track mode is an option in the menus - despite apparently not being part of the P-.

On the in car screen does it say performance or not?
Mine says performance there and also performance on the v5.
Have a p- as well

That car needs a photo being taken of the plate on the rear motor and posting in the Model 3 Motors on the Tesla Parts Catalog - motor location thread please - that will help some in the community. The theory is that on the plate, the 980 motor is the RWD or Performance motor, the 990 is the AWD motor and is part of the binning process after testing. There are some cars that started life as AWD that were then flashed to Performance and there is some evidence that there were some mixup in AWD/Performance deliveries. Wondering if these are linked.

Last edited:

Personally I'd worry :)

Either your insurance is potentially invalid or Tesla have given you the wrong car, neither of which are good things.

Did you actually insure it as a LR though? What does your insurer show the model as on the paperwork?

On the in car screen does it say performance or not?
Mine says performance there and also performance on the v5.
Have a p- as well

Does yours have track mode?

It says “Model 3 Dual Motor” with red underline in software and underline on badge on back too.
Also has track mode in software.
But doesn’t say Performance anywhere.

More importantly does it do 0-60 in under 4 seconds?

Reactions: Fullerene

Same here
I’ve insured mine as a Performance but still undecided as to what I’ll do next year...