TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Checking for referral credits...

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by rw99, Jan 23, 2018.

1. rw99

rw99 Member

Hi, all...

How do I track MySolarCity referrals that I've made? Apologies if I'm missing an obvious link...

Rich

2. arcus

arcus Active Member

On your phone app just click on the loot box, then swipe to the left to see the solar referrals.

3. Shygar

Shygar Member

Are SolarCity referrals in the Tesla app?

4. rw99

rw99 Member

Thanks. My app doesn't have a "Loot" box. I wonder if that's because my system hasn't been installed yet?

5. arcus

arcus Active Member

Sorry for confusion, I thought you were talking about Tesla Solar referrals that are now part of program for Tesla vehicle owners. I was talking about Tesla app that allows you to track that information.

6. Shygar

Shygar Member

Are you getting a powerwall installed too (or otherwise have a Tesla)? The solar referrals via the Tesla link that @arcus mentioned is much better than what was offered with SolarCity if I remember right.

7. rw99

rw99 Member

It looks like awards tracking is all done via the Tesla site and app, and not via MySolarCity. My daughter is the official owner of our Model X, while I'm the one buying the solar system. All referrals (and they've all been for vehicle customers) have been done using my referral code, not hers.

One thing that's unclear to me, as I read the Referral Program description on the Tesla website: are the rewards tied to the type of referral, or the product that the referring customer owns? More to the point, do I need four or five referrals to get a free Powerwall?