Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Checking for updates…every 24hrs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that my 2021 Model Y on 2022.28.2 will only check for updates after 24hrs after initial check. Eg if I go to Software tab it will say “Checking for updates” then “your software is up to date as of Oct 7 10:00am” After that it won’t trigger a check each time I go back to the Software, only after 24hrs have elapsed then it will say Checking for updates again. I tried rebooting already. No luck.

Did anyone experience this also? I’m in Ontario, Canada

• Informative
Reactions: Stach
Why is everyone checking for updates? It does not actually help. When your car is due, it will automatically push a notification to you to connect to wifi and download.

I get it, I can OCD about checking but in the last 16 months of having one of the original new S's, checking has not once helped get the update. They just naturally come to me on the whim of the Tesla.

Upvote 0
Maybe it is me but I rarely get the push notification on my car/phone for the software updates. I don't know if it has to do with me having a very weak WIFI connection in my garage. But it seems more times then not that when I go to the software screen in the car when I am connected to the WIFI the update gets pushed.

Upvote 0
Why is everyone checking for updates? It does not actually help. When your car is due, it will automatically push a notification to you to connect to wifi and download.

I get it, I can OCD about checking but in the last 16 months of having one of the original new S's, checking has not once helped get the update. They just naturally come to me on the whim of the Tesla.
FALSE. Got the update to 2022.36.5 last evening after I explicitly told it to check for updates (my 24h was up). Didn't have any notification anywhere (car or app) that an update was ready to download.

Reactions: Stach and sa012
Upvote 0