Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Checking in...anyone still waiting for their eMMC refund check from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone who was approved for a refund check from Tesla still waiting for the check to arrive? I got the approval email on 6/1 and still no check or email update.

Original email as follows:

"This notice is to inform you that, after review of your request for reimbursement under Tesla’s General Recall Reimbursement Plan for the 8GB embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) in the media control unit, Tesla has determined that you are entitled to a reimbursement of USD 700.00 for services rendered on your vehicle, which later became the subject of recall number 21V035

We will issue your reimbursement for the above amount in 3-4 weeks to the mailing address you provided in your reimbursement request."

I never got any kind of response at all. I submitted my request shortly after the March 5th email. It was a third party repair but I filled out the form and included documentation. No response at all. Am I hosed? I tried to fill out the form again but the form won't let you fill it out twice. Any suggestions on who (and how) to contact Tesla about this? I've noticed over the past eight years that it's more and more difficult to reach an actual human at Tesla.

I filled out the second RFI from tesla asking for an invoice from the shop that did the repair, at the end of march and the check came in the mail end of may and was dated 19 May. used that $600 towards the center console upgrade/retrofit.

Is anyone who was approved for a refund check from Tesla still waiting for the check to arrive? I got the approval email on 6/1 and still no check or email update.

Original email as follows:

"This notice is to inform you that, after review of your request for reimbursement under Tesla’s General Recall Reimbursement Plan for the 8GB embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) in the media control unit, Tesla has determined that you are entitled to a reimbursement of USD 700.00 for services rendered on your vehicle, which later became the subject of recall number 21V035

We will issue your reimbursement for the above amount in 3-4 weeks to the mailing address you provided in your reimbursement request."
I have aDec 2014 Model S 85, my MCU started failing around 110,000 kms. Telsa didn't tell me it was the MCU. At 121,000 kms the MCU was dead and nothing worked. The vehicle was drivable but no screen, no phone no audio. There were no replacement parts at the time and none in the foreseeable future. Tesla told me (by text message) the only option was to replace everything with the new MCU. The cost was $4000 Candain. I had no other options and I had to wait 2 months. I argued it should be a warranty issue, but they didn't care.

Sometime later I got the email for the Recall and I did qualify. I submitted and several months later got a chq for $420 Canadain, with no letter or any type of explanation just a chq. I thought they must have forgotten a zero. As I was expecting $4000. I have tried to email and call Telsa everyone claims to know nothing and there is no one to call or even email.

I don't understand and if anyone has been successful in connecting with Tesla for a full refund or close please help me out and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Quote Reply

Bumping up....seeing I just found this thread. I am currently seeing if my CC can do anything to reverse charges. I filled out the form back in March, did not get any correspondence. No email. I have no phone number to call, nor can anyone at the local SC that did the work help me.

My total bill for all the work was over $8k (emmc, suspension work, brakes, and door handle fix); hopefully if the CC/bank can help me do a charge back for the total amount, they may do a better job of responding then.

Anyone have any luck reaching out to Tesla.

In May I got the email saying the reimbursement was approved. But still have not received the $320 that was promised.
I've sent numerous emails to the reimbursement site and also to the Tesla main web page but have not received even an acknowledgement.
Does anyone know of a number I can call?
thanks

Yeah same boat and very frustrating. Got an approval response via email on 8/31/21 and was told it was approved and processed then to wait a few weeks until the check is processed. Well it is over 4 months later (as of 1/2/22) and still no reimbursement. How could Tesla be so unresponsive and make promises they can’t keep? I just don’t get it given they are such a huge company.

Still waiting for my refund. Been almost two years now since I submitted the docs. Received confirmation but never got the approval notice that some are mentioning. I tried to negotiate a credit of equal value with the service center when getting my MCU2 upgrade, but they said there's nothing they can do and I need to go through the proper department. [email protected] accepts emails but I'm not sure anyone reads them. If anyone's had luck escalating, I'd love to hear what was successful for you.