Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Checking on a Rumor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings :
I am sending this selfish note to ask for information, help and advice. I have made such requests a few times in the past and have always received kind and helpful responses, so I decided to try to take advantage of you all again. I hope that I can return the favor some time.
I have a 2015 MS 85D that I LOVE....it is just a terrific car, the best. I have become a big fan of Tesla and luckily chose to even buy some stock when they were in a sinker at 287...not to make money, but to help the company. Well, that attempt to help paid off handsomely for me...what good fortune all of us have had who bought TSLA. It paid off enough that I sold some of it to buy a new MS...thereby not damaging the company. I have submitted an order and the car is scheduled to be delivered in the middle of August. Now the reason for my plea for help.
I suppose that many if not all of you have read this and other rumors......

Tesla secret project Palladium: new Model S and Model X are coming

I am struggling trying to decide whether to accept my new MS with all of the bells and whistles that are missing in my 2015 version or wait for Battery day and order the new version. Waiting costs a few dollars and lost time with the new car, but the rumors could all be false or if they are real, no delivery of the new car until 2021.... If I accept the "new" car that I have on order and it is obsolete a month later, I would be disappointed.

Bottom line....HELP.... What do you think??
  1. Is this real??
  2. Would you wait if you were me??
  3. Have you heard anything beyond the updates listed in the link above??
  4. If the new one is announced and I like the "old" version better, do you think I could still get that version?
Thanks very much,
Grant

You buying or selling stock on the open market neither helps nor hurts Tesla. Buying a second car helps the company. IMO if you need/want a new car now and you like what is available then take delivery. If, in a few months, you feel that the price you paid was too high (it was) then think of that as a donation to the cause. TSLA will thank you later.

I’d wait, especially since you already have one. The “model s refresh” has been rumored for years, but it makes sense to happen soon. We won’t see Cybertruck for a while so they need something to keep the momentum going, and a new S and X, batteries and all, makes sense.

I have a feeling the new S/X will really put our current cars to shame. All the stuff we can’t have due to lack of hardware, like 360 camera, cross traffic detection, who knows what else, will all be there. You’d really be butt hurt if you missed that by a few months.