Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheetah stance on already lowered car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is a basic question.. those of you with performance models and lowered your suspension with lowering links. How does the car handle cheetah stance? Does it make it even lower? Or does it already detect that you are low and will not drop it any lower? My car has been lowered to where there is almost no wheel gap so I want to make sure it won’t cause any problems when engaging launch mode and cheetah stance.
Thank you!

I just tried the cheetah this weekend, but it’s not dropping anywhere. I had done it prior to lowering, and worked fine, but now it just says “bothe pedals pressed, battery power reduced” or something like that

Then you're not entering launch mode. FYI, launch mode won't activate if the battery is cold.

If the battery is warm, make sure you're pushing the brake pedal to the floor, wait 1 second, and then push the accelerator to the floor as well.

Then you're not entering launch mode. FYI, launch mode won't activate if the battery is cold.

If the battery is warm, make sure you're pushing the brake pedal to the floor, wait 1 second, and then push the accelerator to the floor as well.
Mine works fine with a 'cold battery', no clue what you're talking about.

@ludapluss - the issue you're probably having is you have to be at a complete stop with the brake pedal pressed in all the way before you press the accelerator all the way. if you are touching the accelerator any at all when you press the brake, or if you only have the brake pedal partially pressed, it will give that error (or if you don't hold the accelerator to the floor).

I just tried the cheetah this weekend, but it’s not dropping anywhere. I had done it prior to lowering, and worked fine, but now it just says “bothe pedals pressed, battery power reduced” or something like that
Same I guess cheetah stance is not available anymore after lowering the car. Mine was in cheetah stance preparing did not really tried to go low like it tried but stop since there is no clearence... and then pop the same message for both pedals pressed or simple deactive the whole launch control... im kinda sad, if I use the drag strip mode and just do a launch wihout cheetah stance will this give the same power or the car does that only in cheetah stance...