Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chelan lake to Burlington supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not but plan on doing that drive this summer. It looks like its 190 miles and is feasible in an 85 even with the elevation gain. And it's not going to be that cold when you do it because, if it were cold, the road wouldn't be open!

Note that there are several of the 70 Amp PI-NCW chargers along the way. The one in Mazama would be a good spot to stop and add a little safety cushion. I'd think even just 30 minutes would be enough. Winthrop would also be a good place to get a charge while having lunch. JackA earlier mentioned that the power company is supposedly putting in chargers at Newhalem (iirc). So, no real need to worry.

I have! We started at our home near Chelan (about 15 miles down river on Highway 97 check PlugShare) and drove 97 to Pateros then 153 to near Twisp then 20 to Burlington. We departed with 262 miles of Rated Range and arrived at the Burlington SC with about 35 miles Rated Range. However, there is no real need to worry as there are haL2 (70A) opportunities at Twisp, Winthrop and Mazama thanks to donations from EV drivers to Plug-In North Central Washington. When will you be making this trip?

Thanks you. I might go Memorial Holiday weekend or beginning the summer. I will come from Olympia, stop by Ellensburg supercharger then go to Leaveworth, stay one night at a hotel having the charger in Chelan lake. Next day will take State routes 153 then 20 go to Burlington supercharger then back Olympia. I leave in WA for 19 years but never went to those areas. Thanks again

You will not need the 70A charger at the Icicle Creek Inn (Leavenworth) to make the segment from Ellensburg to Chelan (Campbell's Resort) as it is a 103 mile segment. That is unless you just want to visit Leavenworth which is a really wonderful tourist town.

I will camp at lakeshore rv park, lake Chelan. What adapter do I need to use to charge my MS? I have to use RV adapter to nema 14-50?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out it has nema 14-50 outlet but not sure at each campsite or not
I will camp at lakeshore rv park, lake Chelan. What adapter do I need to use to charge my MS? I have to use RV adapter to nema 14-50?

Thanks

peterspd: The Lakeshore RV Park has the standard NEMA 14-50 RB outlet. Give me a call if there are any problems. I live only 15 miles away and also have an 80A Tesla charger. We are listed on PlugShare and the Tesla Highway. Hoping you have an excellent trip. Jack