Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chelsea - Bob

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took that tweet to be puffery on Degusta's part. He's been attacked for no credibility. I noted he didn't copy her in his tweet, perhaps to stay under the radar?

Chelsea was very much NOT in agreement with his article when in first came out. I'd be surprised to learn differently.

Tesla does not want this bricking story to come to the forefront (again) before the "official" Model S release. Might as well terminate employment now, rather than have this get out of control (again). Hard to fault Tesla for trying to protect its reputation.

Tesla does not want this bricking story to come to the forefront (again) before the "official" Model S release. Might as well terminate employment now, rather than have this get out of control (again). Hard to fault Tesla for trying to protect its reputation.

If Degusta is just slinging mud and cited him as a source that caused him to get fired then Bob should sue his happy @ss. The guy's already proven himself as a mud slinger.

May be connected to the great bricking saga. To be honest though, in all my years in the corporate world I never came across a case of someone being let go for no reason whatsoever. Tesla isn't able to talk about letting someone go and if the person concerned wants to say he doesn't know why he was let go, then too much speculation by us doesn't serve anyone.

+1 My Bold. NigelM has it right, to all TMC posters: sometimes it's best to "let sleeping dogs lie"
let sleeping dogs lie - Wiktionary

If the decision involved confidential information (whether personal or company related), or simply not the kind of thing to talk about in public, then, given things as they are, it would have been very difficult for anyone involved to keep it confidential, and not even hint in any direction. It's become a "community" event , and would have in any case, I guess.

Tesla from 4 years ago is not what Tesla is now; I feel that Tesla is becoming a better car company (from my recent experiences).

In the end this may be an opportunity for Bob to start his own EV repair business (it may be tough with all the proprietary software) but something good may come out of it.

As an employer in California, I know that it is always best to let someone go without a "reason". Since California is a "right to work" state an employer can fire an employee at anytime without reason just as an employee can leave at anytime without reason. Any labor lawyer would agree with Tesla's method.

This is probably the more important point. Tesla isn't a horrible company and if it was horrible then people like Bob Sexton wouldn't have stayed there for years. I can understand that things may appear unfair and might have been unfair, but I also find it hard to imagine that someone woke up one morning and decided to let go a good employee. About any of that we can only speculate and, in my book at least, that's not fair on anyone either. So is it right that our society is so litigious that it's better for corporations to seem callous because they are scared to give someone a potential legal case?

Welcome to the realities of the social media age.... IMO all companies have to learn that transparency is the only possible way forward and that includes Tesla.

I agree with you on the impact of social media, but in the U.S. at least there's a counterbalance in a system that encourages everyone to reach for a lawyer as soon as they feel even the slightest bit aggrieved.

This is really sad news, I really enjoyed talking to Bob when brining the Roadster in for service. His wealth of knowledge and common intrest to share it will truly be missed. Few service technicians care about their work as much as he did. I wish him the best in what ever his new venture may be...

Remember Renault-gate?

Top engineers of the electric car department have been accused for spying. The have been fired. We talk about top ranking engineers. Mr. Ghosn was presented clear evidence that this engineers had sold information to other car manufacturers. Some months later Renault had to confess that they had found out that the accusations have been wrong.

It was staged. Information was deliberate false. By whom? We will never know. The result is that the electric Renault cars are very much late.

May be this is happening at Tesla?

My thinking is that it is astonishing that Tesla and Elon Musk have not been attacked more directly and strongly by other car makers and oil companies...

My thinking is that it is astonishing that Tesla and Elon Musk have not been attacked more directly and strongly by other car makers and oil companies...

Other car makers and more so oil companies probably do not want to give free publicity to Tesla/Elon at this stage; they are probably hoping that Tesla would suffer a quiet death sooner or later.

Ok, I am relatively new here ... and have no idea whom these people Chelsea and Bob are / were ... all I can tell is that Bob was a very well liked service manager at Tesla LA branch?

Who may have had too bug a mouth for Elon's likes?

Chelsea (and the boy) ... she's who? Are they a couple? Who's the boy?

Sorry but the first post assumed we all knew this? Maybe edit the first post so we call know what this thread is about?

Thank you!!! :)