Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cherry Blossom Weekend with a Flawless Delivery Experience at Tysons Corner-Tyco Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With some of the recent posts about delivery experiences, I wanted to share mine, as I wasn't quite sure what to expect with my delivery that was scheduled for this past weekend.

I wanted to share how things turned out and what I believe was the one thing that made all the difference in the world with my delivery. I feel if Tesla can do this one thing with deliveries, they will have many other customers as happy with the delivery process as I am.

The journey began when I put down a deposit for an inventory car last Thursday, March 21st. I was immediately contacted by Nick Stone at the Tysons Corner Tyco Road Store and Nick went over some of the key details about the car and provided an overview of how the delivery process would work.

The car was in Florida but within a day, Nick tracked down the car, made arrangements to have photos taken and when I requested additional photos of the interior, I promptly received a second batch of photos of the interior and I was relieved to find out the car was in great shape.

From that point onward, Nick personally oversaw all aspects of my delivery, answering my questions, and alleviating a couple of concerns I had. He knew I wanted a car in good condition and he confirmed the car was in good shape but also pointed out a couple of very minor nicks that I was okay with. Everything Nick promised, he delivered, and everything he represented was exactly as stated. The whole process was grounded in integrity and clear communication. All my texts and emails were promptly answered -- sometimes within minutes. I was even able to reach Nick over the phone a couple of times.

I've read of some delivery issues other customers have had and I feel many of those issues arise when there is no ONE PERSON responsible for and empowered to take care of the customer. When multiple people share this responsibility, it really becomes no one's responsibility. If Nick or someone like Nick handled and took ownership of future deliveries or customer support matters, I bet this one thing would make Tesla customers as happy with Tesla service as they are with Tesla the car.

My delivery expectations were not just met by Nick and his team at Tyson's, but exceeded them. While the car was scheduled for delivery on Sunday, March 31st, they somehow managed to get the car shipped from Florida, have it detailed and ready for delivery by Saturday March 30th. I even received periodic notices of GPS pings from the car to reassure me the car was on the way home. When I arrived at the Tyson's Corner Store for delivery I was greeted by Nick, and every person I interacted with was thoughtful, efficient, and took the time to help me. While they were clearly rushing to get as many cars delivered as possible by the end of the quarter, I never felt rushed. I especially appreciate the time Abu took with the orientation as he made sure all my questions were answered and the car was properly configured and I understood everything essential before I left.

So if Tesla wants customers who are as happy and thrilled with a flawless delivery as I am, they should just clone Nick, Abu, and the rest of the staff at the Tyson's Corner location! I'm one ecstatic customer with my P100D and the flawless delivery experience! :D

And here she is enjoying the cherry blossoms...

Attachments

• 20190331_190810.jpg
    20190331_190810.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20190331_190746.jpg
    20190331_190746.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Congrats! Beautiful car. As I said in my other post I used to live in the DC area, I do really miss the cherry blossom season. Glad you had such a positive delivery experience.

Thanks! I couldn't be more pleased with how well the Tesla Store at Tysons on Tyco Road took care of my delivery. I was in and out of that store with the new car is just 30-40 minutes and the car was in great shape, just as I was told earlier.

Why don;t you visit? :) This is really the best time of the year to visit or be in DC with the cherry blossoms blooming everywhere. The experience is even more enjoyable in a Tesla!

A friend of ours bought her Model S from the Tysons Tyco Road Store and she was also really happy with the experience. She bought an inventory 90D a while back, and they delivered the car to her in just 3 days when she told them she would like to have the car for a long trip.

This is really the best time of the year to visit or be in DC with the cherry blossoms blooming everywhere. The experience is even more enjoyable in a Tesla!

Congrats! We just got back from DC. This is the 2nd year in a row we went to see Cherry Blossoms. Last year we missed it by 2 days. We also drove to Annapolis and stayed at Inn at Horn Point on an ICE rental. They have 3 Tesla Destination chargers there. Owner has a silver model S just like yours except older model years. Sadly our Tesla's were back at home 2600+ miles away.

Congrats! We just got back from DC. This is the 2nd year in a row we went to see Cherry Blossoms. Last year we missed it by 2 days. We also drove to Annapolis and stayed at Inn at Horn Point on an ICE rental. They have 3 Tesla Destination chargers there. Owner has a silver model S just like yours except older model years. Sadly our Tesla's were back at home 2600+ miles away.

Thanks! The cherry blossom season last year was a bit iffy but this year is looking really great with an extended period of bloom.

It's great to see so many hotels and B&Bs now offering Tesla Destination Chargers. BTW next time you visit DC, you can rent a Tesla from Turo :)

It's great to see so many hotels and B&Bs now offering Tesla Destination Chargers. BTW next time you visit DC, you can rent a Tesla from Turo :)

Funny you said that, because I actually looked up Turo's Tesla rental before I rented the ICE car from Enterprise. They were actually not much more than Enterprise price of a standard car.... especially only for only 2 days. But the ones I saw on Turo were all outside of DC area about 15 to 40 miles away. But even that I would have done it if I don't already own two Tesla's... I feel weird paying to drive the same car I already drove at home.. LOL. I think if I pay for a car on Turo, I will probably want to try a different EV to see how it compares.

Funny you said that, because I actually looked up Turo's Tesla rental before I rented the ICE car from Enterprise. They were actually not much more than Enterprise price of a standard car.... especially only for only 2 days. But the ones I saw on Turo were all outside of DC area about 15 to 40 miles away. But even that I would have done it if I don't already own two Tesla's... I feel weird paying to drive the same car I already drove at home.. LOL. I think if I pay for a car on Turo, I will probably want to try a different EV to see how it compares.

Yeah it will be nice when E-tron, I-Pace, EQ-C and other premium EVs are available on Turo when traveling! The good news is we'l have these options in just about a year!

"I've read of some delivery issues other customers have had and I feel many of those issues arise when there is no ONE PERSON responsible for and empowered to take care of the customer. When multiple people share this responsibility, it really becomes no one's responsibility. If Nick or someone like Nick handled and took ownership of future deliveries or customer support matters, I bet this one thing would make Tesla customers as happy with Tesla service as they are with Tesla the car."

I agree entirely. I recently took delivery of a Model 3 from the Rockville, MD Service Center. Entirely opposite experience.

Congrats! I took delivery of my Model 3 a few weeks ago from Tyco Road. Also had an excellent experience. I was split between going to Rockville or Tysons but went with the latter since it was across the street from the Metro, making it very easy to get out and pick the car up. Glad I did. Seems to be a very well run location.

Reactions: DCEV
Congrats! I took delivery of my Model 3 a few weeks ago from Tyco Road. Also had an excellent experience. I was split between going to Rockville or Tysons but went with the latter since it was across the street from the Metro, making it very easy to get out and pick the car up. Glad I did. Seems to be a very well run location.

Congrats! Do you have photos? :)

They seem to be well run even post-delivery. My car came with carbon fiber and I ordered oak trim when I picked up the car so that the service center can swap the trim. They placed an order for the oak trim immediately and have already called to update me on the status of the parts just 2 days later and they expect to have the trim swapped out within about the next week. I also ordered 19" wheels to swap out the 21" wheels that came with the car and they have the wheels ready as well. I called today to check on the status and confirm a date to swap out the wheels and trim and talked with the same gentleman who called me earlier. It was very easy to reach him over the phone.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
"I've read of some delivery issues other customers have had and I feel many of those issues arise when there is no ONE PERSON responsible for and empowered to take care of the customer. When multiple people share this responsibility, it really becomes no one's responsibility. If Nick or someone like Nick handled and took ownership of future deliveries or customer support matters, I bet this one thing would make Tesla customers as happy with Tesla service as they are with Tesla the car."

I agree entirely. I recently took delivery of a Model 3 from the Rockville, MD Service Center. Entirely opposite experience.

Did more than one person coordinate your delivery?

It would be so awesome if Tesla handled all future deliveries like what the OP experienced where one capable person handles all customer communication and coordination right until the time of delivery.