Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chester Service Centre?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A large free standing Tesla logo was being installed at the front of the site today with a gaggle of inquisitive Teenagers watching from the pavement.

A lot of activity was evident both inside and out & the black charging post cabling was being worked on.

There was a Model X on one of the destination chargers this morning, looked like a Tesla employee.

chester sc.jpg

Reactions: Anfieldgaz
So can we just turn up and use the chargers? (When is open obviously)
These are for charging new cars awaiting collection or cars being serviced.

Occasionally someone may ask to use as a destination charger if they are visiting Chester during a road trip and urgently need a charge. Some SCs might allow that if there is no other requirement but I believe these are not intended for local use.

• Informative
Reactions: Anfieldgaz
Today I had been at another location in the morning & was 45mins early for a shift at the Mass Vaccination site (a couple of minutes away from the new SC) so decided to drop in & ask a few questions as there were vans parked outside & various doors were open.

Contractors were inside & I cheekily asked if I could use a charger whilst eating lunch in the car. It was OK on this occasion but they wouldn't recommend anyone local doing this on a regular basis (naturally) & especially once Tesla staff are in situ.

They let me use one of the covered bays & explained that the site has limited power which could not support superchargers but the destination chargers share 3-phase in pairs, halved if adjacent bays are in use. The car pulled 11kWh, showing 42m/hr charge.

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1