Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt only EV in Car and Driver's 2017 10 Best Cars list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have a subscription to C&D but I find myself flipping past more and more of their articles. In most of them, they're still stuck on gushing over engine sound, critiquing turbo lag, lamenting the death of stick shift, these gets more and more boring every year.

I can't honestly blame them for not having Model S since Tesla didn't give them a car. I'm ambivalent about the Bolt. On one hand any EV is better than an ICE, on the other hand, GM.

Think the Bolt will get on that list another year? The article didn't seem enthused by it. The tone I got from their article was they put it there because it was an important car -- as the first 200 mile EV that isn't a Tesla, and it is priced decently. They did comment that it felt more like a 20k car than a 30k car.

The Bolt isn’t an excuse-free electric car, but it earns its place on the 10Best list by being the one that comes closest to rebutting two of the biggest criticisms that have been levied against the genre: expense and range.

I predict the Model 3 will be appointed to to match it's price, and will be a tremendous value compared to other cars, particularly other EVs.

One comment posted about the article...may be closer to the truth than not :p:

"
Staffer: Hey Elon, C/D wants us to send them an S for their 10 Best Comparo!

Musk: Sure. Why not. There's no real competition in the voltage market, right? So how can we lose? Just make sure and run the diagnostics on the door software before we send it out, so they can get into it.

Staffer: Ummm...eh...I heard it's going up against an under 30K little Chevrolet this year.

Musk: (Sweating and shaking uncontrollably in anger) A thirty thousand dollar Chevy? Tell Alterman to piss off. Where we're going, Mars, you won't need roads."