Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Silverado EV Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks sharp, but wholly price points Batman.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.41.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 12.40.16 PM.png

Nice specs.

Range: Up to 400 miles on all (announced) models(!).

Charging: Up to 350 kW.

Motors: 2 with 780 ft-lbs of torque

Power out: 10.2 kW power output!

Air suspension. Four wheel steering. 10,000 pounds of towing, 1300 pounds of payload.

Supercruise autopilot WITH trailer. Big frunk. 5' 11" bed. But can drop down seats for 11' long payloads along with split seating. Extended tailgate for more external storage.

Heads up display as well. Bluetooth "key" (smartphone). Downloadable software updates.

Late 2023 for highest trim (RST). Fleet model launches first. Spring 2023 work truck version. Eventual base model for $39,900 (who knows when). Reservations are being accepted now. A mid sized SUV based on this platform will launch later.

Depending on price (BIG CAVEAT), this is very competitive.

Last edited:
Right. This is what the stock market and analysts will not pick up on. Their "$39K" price points won't be available for 3-4 years, IF THEN, meanwhile the only trims available will be $100K, making Tesla the low cost leader on a comparable feature basis.
I get from a financial perspective they probably need to release the most profitable trims first and they probably wouldn't be able to meet demand for the lower priced trims anyway. However, compare that to the C8 Corvette where they release the base trims first and then the higher end trims come later.

The Equinox and Blazer at a $30k base price sounds interesting for buyer interested in those.

I get from a financial perspective they probably need to release the most profitable trims first and they probably wouldn't be able to meet demand for the lower priced trims anyway. However, compare that to the C8 Corvette where they release the base trims first and then the higher end trims come later.

The Equinox and Blazer at a $30k base price sounds interesting for buyer interested in those.

Sure, but that'll be paired with a 200 mile battery, and 4 years from now, and the price will have gone up by then...

I am sure the Silverado EV work truck trims will sell quite well for fleets. I love how EV are supposed to be simpler, less expensive, etc. but then they show you the price. If we factor inflation, supply chain shortages, dealer fees, taxes, etc. we may need to live in the truck to be able to afford it. ;)

Looks like an EV Avalanche, but it doesn't seem too bad. Will be late to the party though by the sounds of it.
Yeah that's the first thing I thought! I quite like the front of this Silverado EV, but the rear screams Avalanche and that is not a good thing.

Maybe if it can be had with more paint / less black trim, that would help. Like how the lower end ID.4 models look better (to me) than that fancy trim with the contrasting pillars & roof...it's really not a good look in my opinion.

Nice specs.

Range: Up to 400 miles on all (announced) models(!).

Charging: Up to 350 kW.

Motors: 2 with 780 ft-lbs of torque

Power out: 10.2 kW power output!

Air suspension. Four wheel steering. 10,000 pounds of towing, 1300 pounds of payload.

Supercruise autopilot WITH trailer. Big frunk. 5' 11" bed. But can drop down seats for 11' long payloads along with split seating. Extended tailgate for more external storage.

Heads up display as well. Bluetooth "key" (smartphone). Downloadable software updates.

Late 2023 for highest trim (RST). Fleet model launches first. Spring 2023 work truck version. Eventual base model for $39,900 (who knows when). Reservations are being accepted now. A mid sized SUV based on this platform will launch later.

Depending on price (BIG CAVEAT), this is very competitive.
Their reservation page states this model starts at $105,000 plus any add-ons you may select. It's basically has the specs of the dual-motor Cybertruck at double the price. Yikes!

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Looks like an EV Avalanche, but it doesn't seem too bad. Will be late to the party though by the sounds of it.
Yeah, I don't think they ever wanted to be first. GM is kind of like Microsoft in this way, they wait for others to create a shift in the market and then they leverage their large existing customer base and marketing muscle to drive demand. I like GMs performance car divisions as they have great engineers, chassis designers, etc. but the rest of the products are just ok to me.

I wasn't happy to see the Avalanche look reappear. It didn't sell well back then so gawd knows what they were thinking. Probably aerodynamic improvements.

GM's self driving effort has been fairly quiet so it was nice to hear their plans.

I put in a reservation adding to my list of overpriced EV waitlists.

Reactions: Country Roads