TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chewy's model S mods

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mudfud, May 22, 2015.

1. mudfud

mudfud Member

Hi guys.

I posted a page with my mods, including trailer notes.

includes subwoofer, rear speakers, trailer hitch and wiring, and now the MyPod with rear view on dash. Big thanks to Joe S. (for general EV advice) and Artsci (for specific tesla camera questions).

Tesla mods | Chewy's Blog
    https://chewydoc.wordpress.com/tesla-mods/

2. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Nice page. Lots of creative upgrades.

3. mudfud

mudfud Member

Thanks. Have you done many upgrades?

4. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

No. Virtually nothing. I did all kinds of upgrades to my Dodge Viper (upgraded calipers, rotors, ss brake lines, smooth tubes, windage tray, oil pan doors, short shifter, 5 point harnesses, high flow cats, cat back exhaust, VEC1, fan relay, hood light, HID lamps, fire exting, clutch link, etc) and to my Chevy K2500 (too many to list) but the Tesla has just not sparked that urge in me. Not sure why but I really miss the tinkering that the other vehicles encouraged me to do.

That trailer is pretty cool.

5. mudfud

mudfud Member

I wish that I had started tinkering with cars earlier. My work started on all electrics. I didn't learn to do much on ICE vehicles until they started requiring special equipment for the electronics. With a tesla, I am staying entirely on the 12v side of things. I would not ever mess with anything high voltage or in the software. I leave that to the programmers and electrical engineers.

The trailer sure turns heads. More than the tesla. It's very light so I don't notice it, except for an energy hit of 10-15%. Even brought it tonight to work in case there's down time to rest a bit.

6. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

Very nice thread. I like the "adapters .. lots of adapters" - I made a 5-20 to 6-20 out of a 3 foot dryer extension cord. Comes in handy when one of the kids parks in my spot and I have to slot over to the other side.