Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago area BBQ, wine, and tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've put off getting tints done to my Model S because of a hectic summer schedule. I'm going to get the done in the next couple of weeks.

I'm looking to use high quality tint installed by someone highly skilled and efficient at doing this. I've gotten tint done by one guy in the last 10 years for 6 cars. He's worked the Chicago Lexus Club group and that's where I got to know him from. I'll check with him for what he'll charge me fro install.

If any locals (or local-ish) owners are interested, I'd be up for organizing a tint day; either at my house or at a tint shop. If I host at my house, I'm not oppose to having a BBQ and wine lunch.

If you have any interest in this, please post up here. My guess is that to make it fruitful for the installer, we'd need 4 or 5 committed owners for tint installs (Model S and/or Roadsters). The way it has worked in the past is that once people are committed, some choices have to be made (color, tint percentage, number/which windows, etc.). Labor is a standard discounted price for the group (although, it could be more for individuals depending on tint selected, extra windows, etc.). The installer could have a kit pre-cut for the group to make installs faster and cheaper....but that'd take a volunteer to go get a Model S measured for the software the installer uses to cut shapes on the printer (otherwise, he 'goes old-school' and cuts the tint right on the glass). On my GS430, he used pre-cut...on my S2000s and BMW he cut on the glass.

I'm looking to have tints done on my car within the next three weeks. If there's interest in doing this, please let me know, I'll do the research on cost and organize the meet. As a note, if we do this at my house and as long as we get 4 or 5 committed installs, other owners just looking to meet, eat, and drink are more than welcome to join (just need an list of who would be coming).