TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Chicago area deliveries?

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by kevincwelch, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

What's everyone's projected delivery here?

My number will be up in the next week or so, but I will probably defer until I can deliver in June.

2. Longhorn92

Longhorn92 MS VIN #10103 (40 kWh)

Per my MVPA, my projected delivery is December/January; however, I am assuming January/February. P5539 with 40 kWh battery (black on black with air suspension plus other non-delivery related options).

3. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

I'm a little over a 1000 behind you so I am hoping to get it delivered by the late spring..

4. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    I'm P367 and the MVPA says Nov/Dec. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I'm assuming my car will be delivered out of Chicago, downstate (near St. Louis). Date is 10/25-11/8.

6. kevincwelch

Is everyone taking home deliveries or some other place? (I still feel odd about having it delivered to my door.)

Config:
    85kWh
    19 inch
    blue with tan leather
    piano black trim
    body colored roof
    tech package
    air suspension
    sound package
    parcel shelf
    single charger

7. FlasherZ

Home for me. Sig, red, P85, 21" silver, black interior w/ CF accents, pano roof, kid seats, HPWC, parcel shelf.

Basically, everything but the paint armor for me.

8. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

5339 expected by end of Feb. Blue, tan leather, ober matt, pano, 60kwh. I sold my 2010 Acura and am borrowing a 20 year old Subaru while I wait. I'm all in.

9. FlasherZ

Lots of blue... I *really* like that color. If I hadn't upgraded to Signature, my car would be blue...

10. kevincwelch

Love the blue...Chicago needs some color in the dead of winter.

11. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

Thanks, guys. I've some wife imposed doubts on the color, but every time my virtual car shows up on the screen I like it. Between she and I, we've had too many black and silver cars.

12. kevincwelch

I don't think you could go wrong with the silver, though. The blue model S is a very different blue, however. It's almost black in some lights and a deep rich blue in others. I think that's why I'm going to get it.

Alas, it will be boring at the Chicago area Model S gathering to see nothing but blue cars. . ..

13. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

I think you need to re-examine what you consider boring.

14. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

#14 Bucket22, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    Add me to the list of Chicago-area blue Model S owners-to-be. I just Docusigned my MVPA. It shows a FEB-MAR 2013 delivery estimate. Mine is a Performance, blue, pano roof, 21" grey wheels (winter plan TBD), black performance interior, carbon fiber, tech, sound. Woo-hoo!

15. kevincwelch

February or March???

I guess that's where the deliveries are then. Were you able to see your delivery estimate before you "finalized" your order or after you Docusigned your MVPA?

16. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

I was able to see the FEB-MAR estimate before the actual MVPA was generated. I believe it was available as part of the "confirm your configuration" step, so it's available any time after one gets the "It's time to configure" e-mail. During the finalization step, the FEB-MAR estimate was provided with the caveat, "If finalized by October 31".

17. kevincwelch

Thanks. Good to know.

18. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

Today I had my first sighting of a Model S "in the wild" in the Chicago area. I just about crashed when I saw a black Model S in my parking garage downtown. I got out and looked more closely -- it was a Founders car with VIN #12. So there's at least one Chicagoland Model S owner who has had his or her car for a couple of months already. As an aside, the mounted front license plate looked good enough that I think I'm going to comply with Illinois law in that regard.

19. William13

William13 Member

I will be having delivery to my office. Sig234. Red. Perf. No word about delivery yet from Kelly. I check my email and missed calls at least twice a day. Mine should be here before Holloween.

20. kevincwelch

You're referring to the plate as mounted on the nose cone? That's a relief. I was stressing over how many tickets I could bear without having a front plate!