Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago area deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I had my first sighting of a Model S "in the wild" in the Chicago area. I just about crashed when I saw a black Model S in my parking garage downtown. I got out and looked more closely -- it was a Founders car with VIN #12. So there's at least one Chicagoland Model S owner who has had his or her car for a couple of months already. As an aside, the mounted front license plate looked good enough that I think I'm going to comply with Illinois law in that regard.

Bucket22 - Please PM me - which parking garage? I work downtown and would love to know.

My Model S will be Pacific Blue. I'm thinking of naming her that way (all my converted EVs had names). I should get in Nov/Dec 2012. I ordered all options except the 21" wheels, shelf, and rear-facing seats.

When we get all our cars we should highten the activity of the local Tesla owners club!

I'm P#6703, with a projected delivery of Feb-Mar. I locked in a P85, green, grey int., tech, sound, jump seats, pano roof. I'll be ordering a set of snow tires, but I'm really hoping I can have them drop-shipped to the store and they can install them on the car before delivery. They can bring the 21" wheels when they deliver the car to my house. (My neighbor races his '69 GTO on the semi-pro circuit, and is always clogging our cul-de-sac with his car trailer. I can't wait until it's my turn to clog the road with a Tesla trailer!!)

Would be nice to have a local gathering in the summer somewhere and meet each other, check out the cars, etc. Get some Roadster owners involved too. Tesla store people. Would be fun.

Maybe we could meet at the Autobahn in Joliet (Autobahn Country Club - America's Premier Motorsports Club located in Joliet, IL | 2 Road Racing Courses | Defensive Driving School, Skid Pad | Auto Country Club | Karting | Sports Car Country Club | Motorsports Country Club | Road Course Driving | Road Race Track |) and really put our cars through the paces...

I took delivery on 10/31 (VIN #0691). It would be great to get together in the Spring. I am a member ACC and that would be a fun rendezvous spot, but we would have to rent one of the tracks for the day, or I could have a group out as guests (depending on how many, but that gets expensive too).