Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago Area Indy Repair Shop Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I moved to Chicago about a year ago but my car is finally being shipped to me today. It parked in my parent's house in CA for awhile and it looks like rear driver side suspension is sagging. I presume there is a leak... Is there any indy shop recommendations? my car is out of warranty and didn't want get charged arm and leg for it with TSC.

Also, what type tires should I get? I am thinking about getting all season michelin crossclimate 2. I live in downtown and wont need to drive much and I mostly work from home.

Thanks all!

Sorry you haven't gotten any info here. I've only ever needed body work done so can't help you with a recommendation.

I used those tires until I decided to keep a separate winter set. Looking at the new Hankook EV tire when it becomes available. "Hankook Ventus iON S"

Reactions: Worldtraveler
Hey all,

I moved to Chicago about a year ago but my car is finally being shipped to me today. It parked in my parent's house in CA for awhile and it looks like rear driver side suspension is sagging. I presume there is a leak... Is there any indy shop recommendations? my car is out of warranty and didn't want get charged arm and leg for it with TSC.

Also, what type tires should I get? I am thinking about getting all season michelin crossclimate 2. I live in downtown and wont need to drive much and I mostly work from home.

Thanks all!
I'm sure you already got this fixed but for future reference, I recommend Richard’s Body Shop (but to be transparent I do work there lol). They are Tesla certified and keep almost all model Y/3 parts are in stock so that they can get cars in and out faster without having to wait for parts to come. Due to this, they can get cars in instantly while many other places have 2 months + in wait times.