Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago area performance shop for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you looking for just an alignment of already installed new suspension components or someone to actually install said parts—sorry, unclear from your post. If latter, try Blood Type Racing in Glenview, IL. If former, any competent independent shop with the required equipment should be able to provide alignment services (I had mine performed at Midtown Auto Repair in Lincoln Park).

It's amazing the number of places that will not work on these cars. I won a performance shop in Cincinnati and work on Teslas frequently. They are easy especially when considering suspension components. Just like any other car.

Are you looking for just an alignment of already installed new suspension components or someone to actually install said parts—sorry, unclear from your post. If latter, try Blood Type Racing in Glenview, IL. If former, any competent independent shop with the required equipment should be able to provide alignment services (I had mine performed at Midtown Auto Repair in Lincoln Park).
So my bimmer guy (7th Gear in Schaumburg, IL, suburb of Chicago), can/will likely install; for alignments, he usually sends to local Firestone or, for performance settings Thalmanns. The former won't do other than factory setting, the latter won't work on Teslas! I will look into both of your recs!

Reactions: MJP.P3D-
A little unrelated, but can anyone recommend a shop that can put a tow hitch? Found one near by that was willing to do it for under $300 and is listed as installer on Stealth tow hitch website, but they have never installed one on a Tesla.

A little unrelated, but can anyone recommend a shop that can put a tow hitch? Found one near by that was willing to do it for under $300 and is listed as installer on Stealth tow hitch website, but they have never installed one on a Tesla.
I don't mind at all being OT, but I think different enough that you'd be more likely to get help if you just started a new one!