Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago Electricians for EV Charger Install

Hello!

I finally have approval from my condo board in Chicago to let me install an EV charger in the parking lot. Jumped through a lot of hoops and requirements but I got the green light.

Anyone recommend any licensed and insured electricians in the area? I am working with Kapital Electric but their quote is way too expensive so looking to compare quotes between vendors. Thanks in advance!

gfunkdave

Aug 10, 2016
Chicago
I've been keeping a list of electricians people here mention good experiences with. Kapital is on the list. The other one I have is Howard Simons, in Skokie.

My dad recently used Current Electric (www.currentelect.com) to put in a circuit for a lift in his garage. They charged $1500 for two guys to come out and spend about 6 hours working on it, which seemed reasonable.

Judging from your zip code we are neighbors. Definitely will keep an eye on this thread!

I've been keeping a list of electricians people here mention good experiences with. Kapital is on the list. The other one I have is Howard Simons, in Skokie.

My dad recently used Current Electric (www.currentelect.com) to put in a circuit for a lift in his garage. They charged $1500 for two guys to come out and spend about 6 hours working on it, which seemed reasonable.

Judging from your zip code we are neighbors. Definitely will keep an eye on this thread!
Thank you!! Since you are my neighbor, do you know how else I can approach charging my car over night? I have an open parking lot (gated) and the electrical panel is just too far from my spot which is raising the cost of installation. I have already tried to switch with neighbors, even offered cash but no one wanted to switch.

If someone has a garage they can rent, etc - I am open to any and all options at this point.

I finally have approval from my condo board in Chicago to let me install an EV charger in the parking lot. Jumped through a lot of hoops and requirements but I got the green light.

Anyone recommend any licensed and insured electricians in the area? I am working with Kapital Electric but their quote is way too expensive so looking to compare quotes between vendors. Thanks in advance!

What quote are you getting?

I got a quote from them that was a bit on the lower side compared to some other electricians around my area.

Actually the guy I talked to mentioned he was in the city today in regards to installing a charger. You might have been who he was referring to.

Did you meet with Don Butler? He was wearing a Tesla jacket. Real nice guy to talk too and asked a lot of good questions compared to the other two electricians I’ve gotten quotes from.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC