Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main MR Waiting Room is starting to get confusing so wanted to start a separate thread just to focus on Chicago delivery dates.

So let's start a Chicago waiting room.

Ordered from: Oakbrook Tesla Dealer, IL
MR RWD
11/21/18 1PM CST
Solid Black
White Interior
18 inch wheels
EAP
$2500 deposit

Haven't heard anything yet, waiting for a call from Delivery Advisor for a delivery date.

Anyone else got their delivery date scheduled in Chicago area?

I'm picking mine up today at Westmont.

Ordered 11/9.
Blue
Black
No EAP
Aero
Day 0 reservation holder

A week after I ordered I had delivery confirmation, two weeks later I had a vin.

The process has been mostly smooth. The only issue I've had so far was waiting on the final paperwork. My IDA said 72 hours before delivery but it was more like 60 which made me a little nervous in finalizing loan from my credit union since it was over the weekend.

I'm picking mine up today at Westmont.

Ordered 11/9.
Blue
Black
No EAP
Aero
Day 0 reservation holder

A week after I ordered I had delivery confirmation, two weeks later I had a vin.

The process has been mostly smooth. The only issue I've had so far was waiting on the final paperwork. My IDA said 72 hours before delivery but it was more like 60 which made me a little nervous in finalizing loan from my credit union since it was over the weekend.

Wow... Congrats Man!!! Enjoy your new ride...

Anyone with White Interior also getting deliveries in Chicago Area?
Based on my endless searching of TMC and other forums, I'm confident there have been zero deliveries anywhere of MR 3s with white interior. I test drove a white/white LR3 at Westmont on Nov 9 and asked about the white interior specifically. None (other than P, LR or AWD) have been built with white interior. I had a friend with me who actually ordered a white MR with white interior (plus 19" and EAP) while we were at Westmont (using my referral :) ). She knows it'll be cutting it close by year-end, so we even inquired if she could buy the test drive 3 that was white/white LR, but they said no because they're so busy with test drives (and I think with only 3 LR on hand for said purpose). Anywho, my friend awaits her delivery notice, but I ended up cancelling my blue/white interior order from 10/21 (and day 0 reservation), where I had put down $3,500 in deposits (plus an unintended "bonus" $2,500 erroneously double-charged by Tesla to my VISA). After 3 attempts in writing to get my $6k in deposits refunded, still not a peep! Lucky for me, I found a great P85 in Sig Red that I love and am flying to Seattle this week to pick up and Supercharge 2k miles back to Iowa. Only big downside (and it's huge) is NO AP on a 2012 :(

As a positive from my Westmont visit, I learned that Tesla ships to Chicago via rail (likely Union Pacific) in order to cut down on in-transit damage to the vehicles. So hopefully Tesla soon builds a full batch of white interiors and ships them on a unit train to Chicago (and destinations further east). Upon arrival at the Chicago yard, Tesla then trucks them the final 20 miles to Westmont. So best of luck to everyone in the Chicago area in receiving your perfect 3s...hopefully before Christmas. The folks at Westmont are very good, and I am confident many of you will have great news to report back on TMC before NYE!

It appears a Union Pacific trainload of 3s is arriving in Chicago this week; Merry Christmas early :D My friend Lisa ordered her MR white/white with aeros/EAP on Nov 10...about 5 minutes after Maggie gave us all a great test drive experience. Lisa's delivery appointment is 6pm Sat, Dec 15 at Westmont.

I had my day zero reservation that I turned into an order on Oct 21, and I received a text and email last Friday (just hours after picking up my Signature Red 2012 P85 in Seattle), stating that my 3 was scheduled for Westmont delivery at Noon on Tue, Dec 18. I was driving 2,100 miles from Fri through Sun, and just replied this morning...reminding Tesla I had officially cancelled my 3 order a week ago (Dec 3, by calling, then in writing as a follow-up) after I found this perfect Sig P85. Sort of crazy how Tesla's left hand has no idea what the right is doing :confused:

So now Tesla has notified me of my order being matched to delivery appt, which contractually makes my 3 order non-refundable. And Tesla has $6,000 from me ($1k res on 3/31/16 plus two $2,500 order pmts on 10/21/18...the 2nd one erroneously charged by Tesla to my VISA). So am I going to have yet another problem if I don't buy my 2nd Tesla in two weeks? :p I told my wife that if she approves it (she holds 51% voting power in our home), then we'll take our blue/white 3 after all, as I planned to rent it out through my limo biz to those potential future EV buyers who simply don't know about the joy of driving a Tesla ;) Driving is believing, and it'll convert just about anyone who doesn't understand the EV experience!

Anywho, congrats to everyone in the Chicago area who just got scheduled for later this week/next with Santa's early delivery!