TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Chicago-Parking the X in a Garage, tight space (Video)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Dalia, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dalia

Dalia Member

We got our Model X yesterday. My husband and I were trying to figure out the best way to park our Teslas. If I park front first, I can transfer the cable easy. If I park rear first, the FWD will open with no problem. With some practice, we think we will be fine with parking front first so we can transfer the cable easily. Watch until the end and you'll see when I didn't pull up enough :redface:

Parking the Model X in a High-Rise Garage - YouTube

2. JimVandegriff

JimVandegriff Member

Thanks for the video. Quite interesting. I was surprised that the sensors allowed the fwd to touch the support. Again, thanks for taking the time to post this.

3. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

Dang that scratch sucks, are there any visible marks on the door?
    You should hang a tennis ball from a string connected to the ceiling. That would help you know that you are pulled in far enough.

tennis ball parking.jpg

4. Dalia

Dalia Member

Well since I can't hang anything, I've used the number on the ground and the rear view camera to know how far I need to pull in IMG_3769.JPG

5. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I'm sure you could hang it with an adhesive.

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

7. BJJ Brown Belt

That scratch!!! OUCH!!! I'm hurtin' inside, and it's not even my X! Please get that checked, and please tell me know what Tesla does to make sure it never happens ever again!