Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kevin Daly hasn't answered my last few emails of inquiry. I am assuming that the work is going slower than expected. I see there is work going on the inside, but nothing at all that can be seen externally yet.
Nor has he answered my voice mail. Although, to be fair, I was interrupted while leaving the voice mail and just hung up rather than hitting the # key. So maybe it didn't get saved. I'll try again tomorrow.

I did get a response from Kevin today, although there is not much information to share. They continue to do interior work, but he didn't have any pictures for me at this time. Exterior renovations are still waiting on permits. Once the permits come through, Kevin says there will be 3 weeks of work before they're ready to open. I doubt they will set an opening date (or associated event) until they get those permits.

I did get a response from Kevin today, although there is not much information to share. They continue to do interior work, but he didn't have any pictures for me at this time. Exterior renovations are still waiting on permits. Once the permits come through, Kevin says there will be 3 weeks of work before they're ready to open. I doubt they will set an opening date (or associated event) until they get those permits.
Too bad it's not further along. I'll be in Chicago this weekend.

Interesting to see what their plans are for it:

3727446334_a52d4a162f.jpg

Unfortunately, I think that Mark's Pest Control sign will be looming over the store to the right.

3726642211_029e5586fd.jpg

Either that Roadster is huge, or the dude is a midget.

Last edited:
You are probably right, but when I haven't spoken english in a while I get a bit apprehensive about it. Hence why I prefer written communication, but my experience with Tesla and emails does point to a phone-call being the best.

Cobos

Well my accent isn't very special in emails :)
Still haven't heard anything back from them though, how long should I expect to wait before they answer?

Cobos
Yeah, I sent an e-mail from the link and mentioned that I had already talked to Kevin but was following up. That was Wednesday and this is Friday evening without even an auto-confirmation that they received the message. When I first posted from the general "contact us" link, Keven called the next day. So maybe my expectations are a little high. But I'm getting a little anxious here.

The big opening party is supposed to be on the 7th of August in case you haven't heard. That's what's listed on their website. If they will postphone that or if they will hold it without the exterior parts done I do not know.

Cobos

The big opening party is supposed to be on the 7th of August in case you haven't heard. That's what's listed on their website. If they will postphone that or if they will hold it without the exterior parts done I do not know.

Cobos

Seriously! That's ridiculous, I got no warning about that at all. I'll be out of the area anyway, but still, if that's when they're having it they should have had notices out weeks or more ago.